Gretsch Museum

• Creator
    Discussion

Recently some friends were in Savannah, GA (US) for a convention and I kept seeing guitars in the background of their photos. I did some searching, and found that the Gretsch family donated a boatload of money to Georgia Southern University to create the Gretsch School of Music and to create a Gretsch Museum. I’m not a guitar player, but have heard many of you talking about Gretsch guitars, so I thought you would find information about the museum interesting: https://news.georgiasouthern.edu/2021/11/16/new-savannah-museum-tells-the-storied-history-of-gretsch-instruments/ . Check it out and enjoy! I know nothing about it, but their company history and other information was really interesting.

• Author
    Replies

Jung Roe

Hi Claire

Thanks for sharing that. I never knew much about guitars, never mind Gretsch guitars before I discovered MLT. Lisa’s Gretsch Duo Jet is famous here for that unique Gretsch sound, ie the warm, rich tone and twangy articulate sound. I never knew some of my favourite musicians from decades past favoured the Gretsch too: Randy Bachman’s stolen 1957 Gretsch and decades long search and retrieval, Malcom Young’s 1963 Jet Firebird mentioned in the article, as well as others like George Harrison and Pete Townsend….