Hello!

• Creator
    Discussion

Howdy, everyone! My name is Kevin Lancaster, and I’m joining from Cross, South Carolina, USA.

Here’s a little bit about me:

I grew up in Idaho and joined the US Navy after high school to be on submarines. It was a great 20 year career. Without it, I wouldn’t have met my wife here in SC! Now I teach mathematics at The Citadel in Charleston.

I enjoy a wide variety of music; my shelves have everything from the Beatles and Petra (the Christian rock band, not the more recent pop group) to movie soundtracks (like Star Wars and The Wedding Singer) and even some classical music (Beethoven and Bach, etc.). I almost forgot the harder rock stuff – Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, etc. I have a couple of rap CDs too, although I don’t listen to much of it any more; I decided I didn’t need to hear F-bombs every other word…

Anyway, I’m glad to have stumbled upon MLT – Facebook has a really strange algorithm for my feed, apparently. It’s great to be here, and I’m looking forward to hearing more great music from the two of you!!

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Kevin Lancaster. Reason: Add a couple of artists to music list
  • Author
    Replies

Tim Arnold

Hi Kevin. I’m Tim from Wisconsin. First off, thanks for your military service. I’ve been in this Club since December and still haven’t found everything. Hundreds of pictures in the archives. A lot of great music videos that you won’t find anywhere. Lots of interviews and radio broadcasts. I’d say one of the coolest things to watch for anyone new is the Livestream from 2022. It’s under the Fun and Games tab and in the Advent calendar for 2022. It’s an hour and a half of fun and music and gives you the feeling you’re sitting in the room with Mona and Lisa. Anyways nice to have you here and hope you enjoy in the club.

Michael Rife

Hi Tim;

Wow!! We have a few things in common. Outside of MLT and the Beatles we live part of the year in the mountains of NC near the SC state line and I taught math, stats, and econ at the college level for a few years. If you are at The Citadel, then you are about 4 or 5 hours away. Mike.

Hi, Kevin!

You can add my name to that “a few things in common” list. I live in central North Carolina and teach physics at a community college. Welcome to the club!

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the grooviest club on the internet. There are a lot of rabbit holes here where you will find treasure after treasure. Friday’s video of the birthday surprise gives a quick glimpse of this loving family of four who are creating these treasures. Their behind the scenes videos are of the same caliber as their musical productions – Fantastic. The Out & About videos are fun and all have kool soundtracks. And of course there’s covers, originals, Duo Sessions, and more to follow.

My first step was their cover of Wish You Were Here. I love their harmonies.

JP

Jacki Hopper

Gidday EH to you Kevin and a most #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified Welcome here to this awesome , MLT Club & it’s offerings , etc …Do Enjoy 🤘🏻✌️

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Jacki Hopper.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Jacki Hopper.

Jung Roe

Hi Kevin,

A big welcome to the MLT Club. Love your wide diversity in music appreciation there! You’ve discovered a brilliant treasure trove in MLT, as they are amazingly diverse artists in their music as the span from When We’re Together to Orange to WHY? demonstrates, and as they progress and pioneer their own unique style and sound inspired by the great music legends, we are all in for an amazing music ride!