HELLO FROM THE FUNNY FARM!

MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Introduce Yourself HELLO FROM THE FUNNY FARM!

• Creator
    Discussion

Mike Dresen
    Participant

Hello all, Mike here!

I was born and raised here in Muskegon, Michigan, just 6 miles from beautiful lake Michigan. I am the 5th of six kids and great parents. When I was 2 months of age my parents bought an 80 acre farm, (my dad loved horses), so when old enough to find my way home I was outside. My dad taught me the value of hard work and honesty. In my teen years I found a love for all things mechanical, tractors, farm machinery, go cart’s, dirt bikes, snowmobiles and CARS! Earned an associates degree in 1974, 1977 was in a nasty auto accident, Dr’s said I would never be able to work again, it took about 8 years to get there, but worked for 30 years. In 1988 I met my best friend, and married her in 1989. My wife had 2 kids, boy and girl and our daughter was born in 1990. Also in 1990 we bought a 40 acre farm with a 150 year old farmhouse and barn, I spent 5 months remodeling, moved everyone in in August. My wife became a 4-H leader so we had horses, donkeys, rabbits, chickens. Forward to 2016, my earlier car accident was catching up with me, I had my first major back surgery and lost a bit of mobility but kept on goin. Spring of 2021 I lost my wife and best friend unexpectedly, thank God all the kids live close by! 2021 and 2022 bought 2 more major back surgeries and less mobility. I really did not want to move from the farm, but maintenance was getting tough. Last fall my daughter surprised me and said she wanted to move her family here and raise her kids the way she was raised. I am now mentoring my son-in-law on farming, equipment repair and so on, the animals are coming back as things get going. My health is good I just move slower than my younger days. This is a long winded post so I stopping here. I love all different types of music, 60’s 70’s rock and any great harmony’s, the Twins fill that love to a “T”!!! NEVER EVER GIVE UP, Happiness to all

Mike

• This discussion was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Mike Dresen.
  • Author
    Replies

Tim Arnold

Hi Mike. I’m from Wisconsin. I worked a year in Marinette WI along the shores of Lake Michigan. Beautiful place. Hope you enjoy the club. Welcome

Mike Dresen

Hey Tim. You can’t beat the beauty of lake Michigan and the surrounding states. I have been to Wisconsin several times very pretty country and clean cities, Your winters are colder but here along the western shoreline of Michigan we can get some really interesting lake effect snow storms, but wouldn’t change it for anything. Hope you have a great summer! Enjoy and stay safe.

mike

Jacki Hopper

Gidday Eh Mike from The FunnyFarm…lol…that’s going to be my nickname for you on here as they’re other ” Mikes” on here, “FunnyFarmer Mike ” is my nickname fir you on here ( hope you don’t mind …to avoid confusion as well for my finnyfarm reasoning logic )

And a #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified Welcome to the MLT Club, enjoy all ut’s Groovy Offerings, the kinship of it’s community-members , etc, nice to meet you. I’m sorry you lost your wife, and of your ongoing health issues but happy your daughter is at your home to raise her family, help you out . Look forward to your postings …🤘🏻🐄

Mike Dresen

Hay Jacki. You can call me whatever you like, Ya can’t hurt my feeling. (only have one) I see your from Canada, hope your safe from the massive fires going on. I also have been told my sense of humor is warped, I believe I look at life from a different angle. I watched the elephant skit when it originally aired and whenever it pops up on YouTube, still cracks me up. Good to chat with our neighbors in the north. Do you know Dudley Do-Right? lol. Please be safe and have a great summer!

Funny Farm Mike 😉

Jacki Hopper

Heyya FunnyFarmedMike/FunnyFarmerMike

…The infamous Elephant Skit.. 40+ yrs later and it still cracks me up , as well myself …not even 5 mins into watching it on YouTube, and I’ve lost it… Team of Tim, Harvey in particular and then add Carol and Vicki to the mix…. that’s asking fer it….

Tim and Harvey , on their own, now that’s downright lethal for one’s bladder , I , have a warped twisted sense of humour too… yes, Dudley Do Right kinda rings a bell … yeppers, I’m a Canucker- EH ?! …🐄🐮🇨🇦🍁

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jacki Hopper.
      • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jacki Hopper.

Mike Dresen

Hey Jacki. Good clean humor never goes out of style, and that crew were some of the best. Enjoy life, stay safe!!!

Mike

PS. Dudly Do-Right was a cartoon from the 60’s about the RCMP.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Mike Dresen.

Jacki Hopper

Got that right…Ahhh okay about Do Didley Right….I may have seen on tv as a kid in the 70s and / or teen yrs in the 80s ….lol….

I also enjoyed watching on TV … Willy and Floyd…Red Green…. Wayne and Shuster…The Irish Rovers ( especially their Leprechaun skits ) , much more …. you and I seem to share the same warped sense of humour tastes ….lol… I have a sign at home here that says… ” Welcome To The FUNNY FARM ” ….lol

Jung Roe

Hi Mike

Thanks for sharing your story, it is really inspiring, despite all the challenges life throws at you, you never let it stop you. So sorry to hear about the loss of your wife, my condolences. I am glad you found your way here to the MLT Club and discovered the beauty and wonder of MLTs music. Your farm sounds so wonderful with all those beautiful animals, and it’s great your daughter is back with her family at the farm to carry on the tradition, and I hope you get to fill the farm with all those beautiful animals again. 🙂

Mike Dresen

Hello again, Jung, I have always said life is what you make of it, you can let it beat you down or you can fight back, I chose the latter. I really want to ride this big ol orbe a few more times around the sun😛. Have a GREAT day!

Mike