Mother Nature’s Tricks

MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Mother Nature’s Tricks

• Creator
    Discussion

Mike Dresen
    Participant

Mother nature played a trick on us here in Muskegon, Michigan. We received 5″ of snow in 4 hours today. Numerous trees and power lines down, 55,000 w/o power, numerous car accidents and slide off’s. Trick or Treat is postponed for the whole county. I don’t recall snow on Halloween since the late 50’s

• Author
    Replies

Tim Arnold

Yikes, that doesn’t sound like fun. We got about 1′ today but all melted off by this afternoon. Crazy it was 70 degrees last week and right now I have 24 F. Stay safe and warm Mike.

Mike Dresen

Total snowfall for the day…….. 11.5″ A Halloween that goes down in the record book.

Daryl Jones

I’ve seen lots of cold at Halloween throughout my life. But lots of very mild nights/days as well. As a young boy, I remember wearing just a t-shirt and jeans under my costume it was so warm. I also remember on night in high school when it was 25 below Fahrenheit with a foot of snow on the ground. Some intelligent fool thought it would be cool to open a fire hydrant downtown that night. the ensuing flood and ice was a pain for a month afterward. Never did hear if they caught the culprit.
    This year it was mild, above freezing with just a skiff of white stuff in the shaded areas. The lake is frozen over (early for here) and the bay in front of my house has been skinned over solid for over two weeks. I used to try and water ski on my birthday (when I was young and full of something other than blood in my veins) two days before Halloween. Actually did it a couple times too.🤣

Mike Dresen

Daryl, never had it blow 28F here, we have Lake Michigan to keep us warm till late in the year.

Today we have sunny skies and 67F. Ya just gotta take what Mother Nature gives ya!

Our normal temp for this time of year is mid 40sF and lows mid 20sF.