Servus!

• Creator
    Discussion

David Gagnon

I’m another Cdn MLT member – in my case, from Montreal and Kingston. Currently, I’m enjoying all the excellent WOTT segments, and reading the comments to get to know everyone. This is a really nice community and so many have been dedicated supporters for a great many years!

• Author
    Replies

Jung Roe

Hi David, big welcome to the MLT Club! So glad you joined us here, and hope you have a wonderful time in the Advent Calendar, and really enjoy taking in all the MLT music and superb content here. I am in Vancouver. I visited Montreal back in 2019, and loved exploring Old Montreal!

Cheers

Jung

David Gagnon

Thank you! Hope you weren’t caught up in that early snowstorm. Old Montreal is a great place to just walk and walk. Yes, the Advent Calendar is great!

Christopher

Kingston…home of hockey great Dougie Gilmour!

Welcome to the MLT Club!

Jacki Hopper

Hi David…I’m in Ottawa, and I’ve been to Montreal and Kingston …. , both are nice to visit on a day trip….( Old Montreal is nice, but not fond of walking on the cobblestones as my balance is not great and I’m prone to tripping )

Kingston is my fave daytrip place to go ,

Nice to meet you, enjoy the MLT Club offerings…. Looking forward to seeing more of your postings on here… 🇨🇦🤘

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Jacki Hopper.

David Gagnon

Hi Jacki,

Thanks for the welcome! And Susan and I really enjoy Ottawa as a day trip – museums, gallery, walking – there’s so much to see and do there.

I noticed you mentioned the Rankins in one of your postings. They had a nice, intimate show here at Kingston’s Grand Theatre circa 1992. I ‘discovered’ them when I clicked by to find them singing ‘Ho Ro Mo Nighean Donn Bhoidheach’ acapella on MuchMusic. It was so beautiful that I became an instant fan.

Thanks again for the welcome, Jacki. David

Jacki Hopper

Perhaps, one day we can do a meetup in Ottawa ….#MLTBuzzLuvGroovified🤘

David Gagnon

Yes. It’s sad COVID has taken the fun out of travelling and museums etc … for now. (Six of ‘us’ work or did work in hospitals.) However, it’s really nice we can all crowd into this Club – and the entertainment is always great!

Jacki Hopper

Sadly, The Only Rsnkin Family Member I didn’t get to meet after a show they did n Ottawa at the NAC ( I took a chance at going backstage door area to see if I could ” meet them ” along with a few other fans with same idea.. Lucky night for us few.. we got our opportunity, it was a spontaneous thing, but going back on topic.. John Morris was the only Rankins member I didn’t get to meet, he was not in the green room…not sure now why he wasn’t there, maybe he went back to hotel ior grabbed a bite to eat after show and perhaps didn’t like to meet n greet fans…but I did meet Jimmy/Heather/Raylene/Cookie, they all signed my souvenir tour booklet I bought at their merch-table

David Gagnon

Wow. I imagine they would have been quite welcoming and friendly. Nice that you had that encounter!

Jacki Hopper

Yes…. it was !!