Spooky, Flingel Bunt and Rhythm & Greens

MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Support & Suggestions Spooky, Flingel Bunt and Rhythm & Greens

• Creator
    Discussion

As a kid, just before I discovered ELO and Black Sabbath, I was a huge fan of The Shadows (still am) and go a slightly smaller extent, The Beatles. The latter are, quite rightly, brilliantly covered – literally – by MLT, but it’s worth remembering that the fab four were, like a lot of their contemporaries, influenced by The Shads. Two tunes I reckon would be a perfect fit for a fourth ‘Beatles and More’ would be ‘The Rise and Fall of Flingel Bunt’ or ‘Rhythm & Greens’. R&G, particularly, highlights the humour of possibly the greatest instrumental band ever and I’m in no doubt that it’s something Mona and Lisa would ace.

More recently, I heard Dusty Springfield’s ‘Spooky’ for the first time. It was featured in a film. I immediately thought of a certain pair of twins. It would be a superb duo session, in my opinion. Thoughts, anyone?

• Author
    Replies

Jacki Hopper

Lol…. Funny how you mentioned Dusty Springfield’s Spooky cover version as I’m a huge Dusty Springfields fan… I’ve often imagined MLT’s take on it , and think they’d do a fab go of it … and perhaps on a few song from her Dusty in Memphis album, or her last album, A Very Fine Love as her later stuff was perhaps more pleasing for others than her early stuff in the 60s, though I do love her 60s stuff too, and that of the Springfields ( her brother Tom was in that group ) and her brother wrote a few hit song for the Seekers — Georgy Girl and I’ll Never Find Another You ….