New Member Here

• Creator
    Discussion

Phil Whitley
    Participant

Love the Twins music!!!🎤🎸💖⭐

Hello everyone! I have put off joining the MLT club for over 2 years. I am glad to be here and it all looks “groovy”. lol

I was born in Los Angeles, CA. and moved to Birmingham, AL. when I was a child. I currently live in Gardendale, AL. (Near Birmingham).

I’m an old 60’s guitar player and still playing. The Beatles inspired me to save up and buy a guitar. I was lead guitar in a band called “The Vikings” and the highlight was opening for bands like The Animals, Herman’s Hermits, Jerry Lee Lewis among others.

After my wife passed away in December of 2020, I was looking for something to fill the void in my life, so I started watching YouTube videos. I ran across a video of a Beatles cover by the MonaLisa Twins called “Nowhere Man”. It was so good that I kept playing it over and over until I was hooked. I subscribed to their channel and I think I have watched every video the girls have put on YouTube! I look forward to everything being a MLT Club member has to offer. Feel free to check out my member page. I’m still not sure how everything works in this site.

• This discussion was modified 11 months ago by  Phil Whitley.
  • Author
    Replies

Charles

Hi Phil, Welcome aboard! This is the coolest & grooviest place on the planet. All of the club members I have been in contact with have been so nice & so helpful (I joined Oct 22) helping me navigate the Club. All the club members are so kind, intelligent and thoughtful….it’s another world and it’s a very happy place. And when Mona & Lisa respond directly to you about your comment, well, it’s a singular moment. Like you, I was looking for something to fill a void in my life and I found it in The MonaLisa Twins Club. The site is like a gold mine. So much to see and hear. Just keep digging and you will be amazed. Give me a shout if I can help with navigation of the site.

Again, Welcome Aboard!!!

Charles Marquis

Jung Roe

Hi Phil

So glad you joined, and wish you all the very best and enjoyment checking out all the content here. I recommend checking out all the Duo Sessions, and then heading on over to the Behind the Scenes, but you really can’t go wrong wherever you begin.

I remember when MLT posted their Nowhere Man cover, and I was just blown away, it’s so awesome. Ever since they first mentioned Nowhere Man while rehearsing in their room, I waited in great anticipation for that song. Here is a fun behind the scenes where you get a sneak peek at their early try at Nowhere Man.

https://test.monalisa-twins.com/rehearsing-mike-masse/

Rehearsing For A Show With US-Artist Mike Massé – Behind The Scenes Video

Phil Whitley

Thanks Jung, that was a great video. I wish I could be there to play guitar🎸 with them!

Hi Phil. Welcome.

There are a gazillion rabbit holes here, so dive in. Jung is right about the Duo Sessions. I am sure you will find something you haven’t seen or heard before. They are all very special.

I always like to recommend checking out the Out & About section. Lisa and Mona have had some interesting adventures which they have documented for us with stellar soundtracks. My favorite is the sky diving video.

Be sure and submit some questions in the Q&A section.

Stay groovy,

JP

Phil Whitley

Thanks, I will check out everything. I’ll try not to let myself get so deep into the rabbit hole so it won’t take away from the music I’m working on, because the twins are so good.🎤🎸

Welcome Phil!! Shortly you will begin to long for Fridays when the MLT club members weekly post is added. I just became an MLT Club member last August and am so happy that I am now a part of this great community.

Phil Whitley

Thanks Dave, I look forward to seeing what Fridays are all about!

Tom Fones

Welcome Phil

Jacki Hopper

Gidday Eh and a most #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified Welcome to here … Happy to meet you…You’re going to certainly get your MLT Club Plethora MLT Club Luv of offering gems here, the members community, etc… My own MLT Discovery on YouTube Journey happened 15-16 years ago, and am glad of it, looking forward to your postings… 🤘☮

Phil Whitley

Thanks Jacki, I really enjoyed watching Mona Lisa and family’s early videos. Back then, Lisa was good on the guitar and Mona on drums. I loved hearing their thick accents on some of the songs. I love to see families that play music🎤🎸🎹🥁 together so well!

Jacki Hopper

You’re Welcome…Enjoy discovering at your own pace …..everything is a Gem Keeper on here 🤘🏻

Tim Arnold

Hi Phil, I’ve been in the club since Dec. 2022. I joined to watch the Christmas Live Stream and will now be here until I die. It’s so much fun looking at all the great pictures and exclusive videos and of course all the great music. When you get the time watch the Livestreams in the Advent calendars under Fun & Games. It’s just like having Mona and Lisa in your living room playing and singing and showing their personalities. It will probably hook you like it did me. Hope you enjoy the club.

Phil Whitley

Thanks Tim, I’m gonna have to slow down a little. I don’t want to take in too much in one day, but I will investigate your recommendations as well as those of everyone else. I have spent half of the day already poking around and listening to some of the twin’s music I’ve never heard before. I need to take a break to work on some of my music, but I will be back to dive into MLT Club soon, maybe tonight.🙏👍