• Caught rehearsing

Posted by Jung Roe on 19/03/2023 at 23:04

Here is another blast from the past, Mona and Lisa caught rehearsing in their room, which was very special to see. Thank you Michaela. Steve Lukather of Toto thought Mona and Lisa were very special too indeed “the girls are killer!” when he heard their Africa. Congrats ladies for that one hitting 1M views! 👍😀

I remember they did a practice on “Nowhere Man” that sounded so good and wished they would cover it one day, and what an amazing version they did.

https://youtu.be/CBehUg7HtVk

Chris Weber replied 1 year, 3 months ago 7 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Jung Roe

19/03/2023 at 23:08

What an awesome collaboration they did with Mike Masse.

When I first got Rubber Soul album, found this gem I wasn’t familiar with so wonderful, and MLT version with Mike Masse is “killer”!

https://vimeo.com/339420909

• Chris Weber

24/03/2023 at 02:25

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Chris Weber.
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Chris Weber.
  • Rick Twomey

19/03/2023 at 23:43

I absolutely love their take on AFRICA and this great Beatle song IF I NEEDED SOMEONE ….they did 4 songs with Mike Masse that night….I wonder what the other 2 were and were they filmed ?

• Jung Roe

21/03/2023 at 03:06

Hi Rick

Yeah their Africa was awesome, and it was the first time we saw Lisa take up the bass guitar. From the rehearsal session I suspect one of the other two songs they did was “A Little Help From My Friends”. I don’t know what the other song would have been.

• Tim Arnold

21/03/2023 at 23:49

I would love to hear them do a proper version of Little Help From My Friends. Maybe for a Duo Sessions. Just the little snippet on here sounds amazing. I love when Mona plays a 12 string.

• Jung Roe

22/03/2023 at 02:42

Tim, I agree I think their version of A Little Help From My Friends would be amazing. Just that little snippet had me glued.

• David Herrick

20/03/2023 at 02:46

I feel the same about that rehearsal video, Jung. I had just joined the club when they posted it, and watching the door open to reveal Mona and Lisa playing while sitting on the floor just stripped away several psychological layers of separation that normally stand between an artist and a fan. They suddenly seemed like real everyday people, but at the same time my awe of them professionally was not diminished in the slightest.

And yes, that beautiful snippet of Nowhere Man swam around in my head for an agonizingly long time before we finally got the finished product!

• Jung Roe

21/03/2023 at 03:11

Hi David,

Yeah after their Nowhere Man teaser, I waited for what felt like a real long time for Nowhere Man, and it certainly was worth the wait, what an amazing version.

• David Herrick

22/03/2023 at 02:25

By the way, Nowhere Man should reach a million views itself sometime in July.

• Jacki Hopper

20/03/2023 at 15:44

Indeed that is a priceless gem of an #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified moment captured , 🤘😊

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Jacki Hopper.
    • Jung Roe

21/03/2023 at 03:15

Hi Jacki, It is truly a gem to watch, our music heroes rehearsing in their room. As David said when do we get to see great artists like that. It’s like they invited us into their house.

• Tim Arnold

21/03/2023 at 00:44

Hi Jung. I just came across this video in the archives a day or two ago and really enjoyed it. Almost the same day the Africa video crossed the million view mark. Definitely a cool video clip and piece of MLT history.

• Jung Roe

21/03/2023 at 03:21

Hi Tim

Indeed an amazingly cool intimate video where we all get to see how their magic comes together. Their performance of Africa is awesome. I bet their “If I Needed Someone” if it were on Youtube would be crossing the 1M view mark too.

• Len Upton

21/03/2023 at 04:40

The Epstein Theatre is where I’d like to see MLT live. I’d even travel halfway across the world to do it. It’s a classy theatre, and predictably they have their own website. You can see the room from the audience side of things.

• Jung Roe

21/03/2023 at 14:13

Hi Len

That would be a wonderful venue, and indeed a bucket list dream to see them live and meet them.