MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion If MLT visited your city, where would you take them !?

• If MLT visited your city, where would you take them !?

Posted by Jacki Hopper on 06/02/2021 at 04:47

If MLT ever visits your city, and you had the opportunity to be their tour guide, where would you take them that highlights your city !?…
    For me, I’d show them: The Parliament Buildings, History Musuem, Museum of Nature, Andrew Haydon Park, shopping downtown Ottawa, some of the nature trails around, the TEA store, The National Art Gallery, vegan/vegetarian restaurants ( I’d have to skip those restaurants because of my nut/seed allergies but they could still enjoy the food), if in summertime, perhaps to some outdoor festivals happening, if in winter, skate on our Rideau Canal, etc….????????????

Andrew Butt replied 3 years, 4 months ago 13 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Michael Thompson

06/02/2021 at 16:04

I would take them to our Milwaukee county zoo first (we have a world class zoo and they love animals), then maybe our art museum, then a walk on our lakefront. If it’s after corona we’d go to a couple of live music venues. We also have some wonderful German restaurants around town. Of course they’ll probably never come here but a man can dream!

• Tom Fones

06/02/2021 at 16:34

Well,

regarding San Francisco, they have already been to Lombard St. and the baseball stadium and The Marin headlands across Golden Gate bridge. I guess that leaves Haight-Asbury, Golden Gate Park and North Beach.

I might not be the best tour guide, but that’s my best effort so far.

Cheers

• Lynn T. Newcomb

06/02/2021 at 17:23

The Henry Doorly Zoo. It is a surprising fact that Omaha, Nebraska is also the home of a world class zoo. It features one of the world’s largest indoor deserts. It is a great place to hang out in the middle of winter or in the middle of our humid summers. Our pedestrian bridge across the Missouri River would also be a fun stop. The Sumpter Amphitheater in Papillion, Nebraska, would be a great venue for them to perform if they wanted to take a chance on playing outdoors.

• Johnnypee Parker

06/02/2021 at 23:41

Skiing at windhammountain.com
    How kool would that be?
    Super kool!

JP

• Ron McTaggart

07/02/2021 at 03:19

Guess since I live in “sin city” I’d take them to strip to see a show and then probably up to the lodge on top of Mt Charleston.

• Jung Roe

07/02/2021 at 05:54

Wow Jacki that would be quite the dream day and big honour. I would take them along the “Sea To Sky” highway, a 100 KM highway between Vancouver and Whistler Ski resort, one of the most beautiful highways on the west coast in my opinion. We could visit some beautiful coves, lakes and waterfalls along the way. The highway winds through some breathtaking beautiful scenery. Then in Whistler Village where the 2010 Winter Olympics ski events were held there is a ton to see, and then I’d take them on the “Peak to Peak Gondola” that runs between the two peaks of Whistler Mountain and Blackcomb Mountain, a 4.5 KM aerial tram that is breathtaking. it’s up there as one of the longest and highest gondolas in the world. The alpine trails at the peaks are so beautiful, could spend all day up there. If we’re lucky we can see some black or brown bears, from the tram of course! 🙂 For dinner we would have to try out one of the WestCoast Seafood restaurants for Alaskan King Crab or Pacific Westcoast Sockeye Salmon! It would be a fun day! 🙂

• Jacki Hopper

07/02/2021 at 17:03

Loving everyone’s replies here, keep it going ????

• Bill Isenberg

10/02/2021 at 15:54

OMG….That would be sooo cool Jacki, great post. For me? I would show them the view of Pittsburgh from the high point in the city called Mount Washington and that gives you a birds eye view of how beautiful our city is and the three rivers coming together at the point of the city. And then take them to the Andy Warhol and the Heinz Museum along with Hienz hall where shows are and groups play. Show them the trolly lines thruout the city and beings the pizza lover that I am? I would take them to the pizza shop that I went to when I was a kid growing up and is still there since 1956. So thank you Jacki, although it is a dream it would be so awesome to me!!

• Stephen Krogh

11/02/2021 at 06:38

That’s funny because I have dreamed about the whole family knocking on my front door and me being so stunned I didn’t know what to do! But, because they are such adventurers, I would love to take them up to the Salmon River and go on a wilderness rafting trip and do some fly fishing. I think they would love it and they certainly deserve a holiday because they are always working so hard!

• Jim Yahr

12/02/2021 at 04:55

Wow, tough question since Houston, where I live would be the 44th largest state if it became one. Probably the Museum District first, then one of the parks a1ong Buffalo Bayou, then down to NASA. The rest of it we’d just play by ear, but probably a trip down to Galveston would also be in order.

• David Herrick

14/02/2021 at 14:30

Honestly, my city isn’t very tourist-oriented. The most interesting thing I can think of to show a visitor would be what is claimed to be the world’s largest chest of drawers:

https://cdn.thecrazytourist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/World%E2%80%99s-Largest-Chest-of-Drawers.jpg

• Jung Roe

20/02/2021 at 19:49

Wow David, and I would say those look like the worlds largest pair of socks too! That’s pretty cool looking.

• David Herrick

21/02/2021 at 02:00

Yes, Jung, each sock could comfortably sleep a family of four.

The dresser and socks were constructed to promote the city’s reputation throughout the 20th century for the manufacture of fine furniture and hosiery, respectively.

Technically there’s a much larger dresser a few miles away, but it’s just the facade of a building and not a free-standing structure:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5c/88/5b/5c885b97e19b9bf787326b4b704ce89a.png

• Charles Kindlesparger

15/02/2021 at 16:19

Here in Missouri, St. Louis, of course, The Gateway to the West, The Gateway Arch. It’s a great view, riding up the tram can be a little close, but it’s great once you get to the top. The Saint Louis Zoo is another fine place. The Bird “Cage” I call it, is from the 1904 Worlds Fair. That is cool as you walk among the birds inside there. Perhaps a Riverboat Cruise on the Mississippi River. They would have to go to Crown Candy and maybe have some of their fine chocolate, a milk shake, and to be brave, their HUGE BLT sandwich. There are many Nature trails in Missouri, Taum Saulk. The highest point in Missouri at a little over 1700 feet, not a mountain, but still beautiful and Pickle Creek near Farmington ( close to where I live) is a really good hike. Maramec Spring State Park is another fine place. Some history, how about St. Genevieve ? The oldest city west of the Mississippi. Old French heritage and buildings that still stand. In the summer, they could go to a St. Louis Cardinals ballgame at Busch Stadium. I think one of the finest venues for them to play a live gig would be The Sheldon. Great sound, small venue perhaps 700 or so, but it’s the sound that is so great and you are up pretty close. Of course, no visit would be complete without a tour of Anheuser-Busch….the home of BUDWEISER beer. Top off the day with a cold, frosty Budweiser….still the King of Beers. That is my idea of where I would take them. Peace, Love and Happiness photos…l-r My late wife and I at Taum Saulk….The Gateway Arch…inside The Sheldon, Arlo Guthrie was about to play…..Busch Stadium with The Arch in background…..Maramec Spring State Park…….and the spring itself

• Jung Roe

20/02/2021 at 19:51

Charles, I drove through St Louis many years ago and remember marveling at that Gateway Arch. A real unique and amazing engineering feat to create for sure.

• Jacki Hopper

15/02/2021 at 17:32

Wow, I feel like, I’m on a virtual tour of all your places mentioned, without having to travel there…lol… Awesome stuff !!!!

• Andrew Butt

25/02/2021 at 13:17

Hi Folks, If I were the Team MLT Tour Guide here in Shrewsbury (UK), I would start by taking Mona & Lisa round the untouched parts of the town, including the Quarry (our Town Park), and then we could hop onboard the Sabrina Boat Trip along the River Severn, as it winds its way through the Town. After we have ambled through some of Shrewsbury’s back streets and discovered the little pubs and shops hidden there, I would load us all up into the car and we would head off along the A49 down into South Shropshire, to visit the beautiful little towns along the road, like Church Stretton, Craven Arms and Ludlow, stopping for a slap-up meal in a Michelin-starred restaurant in Ludlow, before the drive back north to Shrewsbury. If they are interested in History, there would be Ironbridge and the Severn Gorge, which claims to be the Birthplace of the Industrial Revolution. So many beautiful places to visit in Shropshire.