Tagged: 

• Jimi Hendrix

Posted by Nathan Parse on 09/05/2021 at 16:23

Have you ever considered covering a Jimi Hendrix song? He’s probably the most iconic 60’s artist remaining who I’ve never heard you cover, I think it would be really cool! I know his stuff is a bit louder and trippier than what you do, but maybe The Wind Cries Mary would make a really good Duo Session?

Angelo replied 2 years, 10 months ago 8 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • You’re right, he’s one of the few “bigguns” left that we’ve never covered! This one is mainly on Lisa and her lead playing 😉

It sure would be fun to try and tackle the Hendrix magic one day but we’ll only ever do it if we think we can add something meaningful to a cover. Leave it with us, I’m sure we’ll figure something out once we’ve got the time to do a few covers again!

• Angelo

14/08/2021 at 19:02

Excellent idea to propose covering Hendrix. Here’s what to inspire Lisa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRGgoMSJZs4

“It sure would be fun to try and tackle the Hendrix magic one day but we’ll only ever do it if we think we can add something meaningful to a cover” Mona quote.

“something meaningful “to a piece of music? Don’t wory for to much for that, as soon as you Twins play it, you automatically add “something meaningful” just because it’s you.

• Jung Roe

09/05/2021 at 20:59

Mona, I think your incredible “Club 27” with your supreme lead vocals and Lisa’s spectacular guitar work would qualify as having some Hendrix sprit in it. And I agree with Nathan, a Hendrix cover one day would be beyond cool! Maybe you could coax Lisa into doing it for us with a couple of home made Sticky Toffee Puddings. 🙂

• Rick Twomey

29/05/2021 at 01:23

Mona and Lisa …I really LOVE your Club 27…it should have been a hit record…however….I Forbid you girls to go into that club with a birthday coming up in 3 weeks…stay the hell away from it !!!????????and Happy 27th to you both????

• Bill Isenberg

02/06/2021 at 18:49

Club 27 is a great song all the way thru, from drums which my hats off to you Mona , as a drummer myself you did some great riffs thru out and a lot of playing not one but all of your drums to get that 60’s feeling, and Lisa my good ness Mick Taylor used to play for the Stones and he would love your work on this song, this song is a hit in my book and would be if it made the air waves in the USA for sure.

• Jacki Hopper

03/06/2021 at 18:34

Agreed, Club 27 to/for me does hint some Hendrix essences in there….????????

• Bill Isenberg

03/06/2021 at 18:57

Agree Jacki,
    But wow Mona tears it up on those Ludwig Drums! I know how hard it is to keep it rocking but Mona taught me that yes Drummers have a huge part in songs and CLUB 27 is the perfect example of her drumming, wow these two ladies are simply put…The best!!! They play well together and have such love for this music how can you not love them and the journey they are on, thank god I am aboard for the ride. Keep it going Ladies and we all will promise to stay groovy!

• Melvin Schofield

09/08/2021 at 15:02

I agree that Wind Cries Mary would be a good choice for M&L if trying a Hendrix number. It has an exquisitely controlled solo, which shows that he was more than just the sturm und drang (hey, check out my German!) which he is best known for.

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now