• Lanzarote

Posted by Ron McTaggart on 13/06/2019 at 18:48

I think a new “single” about Lanzorate island would be unique.I’m sure the girls could come up with a lot of great lyrics about the beautiful island.

Jung Roe replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jung Roe

14/06/2019 at 08:03

Yes perhsps they could.  Lanzarote I’m sure is a special place by now for the MLT given they kicked off their song writing efforts for Orange there back in 2016, and then interestingly returned there earlier this year to do one of their videos for a song off that album with the beauty and magnificence of Lanzarote as a back drop.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some influence of the beauty of Lanzarote in their next album which will have its song writing origins to their most recent trip there.

• Ron McTaggart

14/06/2019 at 18:39

Jung, I think you nailed it!!!. Girls, all we need is your imaginations & talent to make this into a #1 hit(IMHO). Let us know if you need us to meet you on the island for more guidance(ha!ha!)

• Jung Roe

15/06/2019 at 09:54

Lanzarote: To rise like a phoenix from the ashes

Looking at all the beautiful and breathtaking scenery and unique volcanic landscape of Lanzarote, it reminded me of the phrase, “To rise like a phoenix from the ashes”, and a story about someone who’s house burned down one day. He lost everything and was devastated. Literally out of the ashes he rebuilt his house, and he realized it turned into an opportunity to unburden himself from all the baggage from the past that was holding him back. He rebuilt a better house, with much improved design and ergonomics than the old house. It was better. From the ashes rose his Phoenix.

As the story goes from Greek mythology, the phoenix is a mythical bird with fiery plumage that lives up to 100 years. Near the end of its life, it settles in to its nest of twigs which then burns ferociously, reducing bird and nest to ashes. And from those ashes, a fledgling phoenix rises – renewed and reborn.

I did a google search of this phrase, and found the following definition: “To rise like a phoenix from the ashes means to emerge from a catastrophe stronger, smarter and more powerful. An example of rising like a phoenix from the ashes is someone who opens a new, successful business after his previous business has failed. Another example is someone who builds a new house after his previous house has been destroyed in a fire.”

“When your world comes crashing down, you have a chance to do something you couldn’t have done before: rise up.” Aufstehen! I love the MLT cover of that song on their 2007 Concert album too. What a coincidence.

Anyway, just a little inspiration from the many Lanzarote photos here and the magnificent Once Upon a Time Video with Lanazarote scenery as a backdrop.