MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Oh "Sweet Lorraine", sounds so sweet

• Oh "Sweet Lorraine", sounds so sweet

Posted by Jung Roe on 29/11/2018 at 07:22

One of my top favorite MonaLisa Twins originals is Sweet Lorraine. I think it is one of their best songs offering the widest range in sounds with wonderful Mona lead vocals and awesome Lisa lead guitar sounds. It has a seductive build up that leads into an absolutely wonderful chorus harmony that is irresistible. It has the fun sounds of a Help Me Rhonda or Yellow Submarine, and the sophistication of a Penny Lane. I compare it to songs I know for reference, but it is all MonaLisa Twins unique sound. At a concert or party I can just imagine the chorus could keep the crowds rocking along indefinately. Then comes in the horns and childrens choir adding a very sophisticated flair like a Penny Lane and then that irresistible chorus repeats wonderfully over and over again. It’s melody and chorus I think is universally appealing.

Some songs that come to mind with similar powerful appeal for me are signature songs like “Satisfaction”, “My Generation”, “Surfin USA”, “Crocodile Rock”…that no matter what your musical taste, is hard to resist.

I just can’t help but start moving to the beat when Sweet Lorraine comes on.  It’s appeal and effect is powerful!

Jung Roe replied 4 years, 9 months ago 11 Members · 25 Replies
  • 25 Replies
  • Jung Roe

30/11/2018 at 04:55

Forgot to ask, as this is a discussion forum, what do you think of Sweet Lorraine?

• Michael Triba

01/12/2018 at 17:59

Love it Jung!  It is my All-Time #10 Top MLT Original!  For Itso, it is his #14.

• Ron McTaggart

13/09/2019 at 22:18

Hey buddy Jung……you hit the nail square on the head!!! You always have a great way to express all of our MLT feelings. Have a great day

• Jung Roe

14/09/2019 at 15:04

Thanks a lot Ron!  MLT music and all they do just brightens our world!

• Howard

01/12/2018 at 15:03

I love this song too Yung. To me it has a bitter/sweet feel with lyrics to match. Other than that I think that you have covered it off pretty well!

• Jacki Hopper

02/12/2018 at 02:56

Of course I Love this song, how can one …Not …( They better not …lol )…I always sing along with them, whenever I listen to it, which is daily…..They are my soulspiritmusic vitamins to ensure  a balanced intake of my music 😛

• Michael Rife

02/12/2018 at 23:25

Hi all;

Whenever I listen to this song, I find it incredibly difficult to not sing along.  It is one of those songs that just causes someone to tap along or sing along.  In other words……I really like it…..one of my favorites on Orange.  Mike.

• Tom Holmes

04/12/2018 at 15:24

I would love to see MLT make a video to “Sweet Lorraine” , it is a awesome song.

• Jung Roe

05/12/2018 at 01:13

That would be a great video indeed.

• Howard

05/12/2018 at 03:02

Yes Jung, it would be a great video, and if it follows the story line of the song, it may just receive the Twins their first AO rating!

• Jacki Hopper

05/12/2018 at 03:10

Of course this would make for a fab video… Yes indeed… I always enjoy so gong along and visualizing video ideas in my head as I’m listening… This one screams video…

• Jim Yahr

05/12/2018 at 05:20

It’s definitely one of my favs too – catchy melody, interesting musical and lyrical twists and just plain fun to listen to.  Of course I’m probably also influenced by the fact that my wife is named Lorraine.

• Jung Roe

05/12/2018 at 06:11

Absolutely Jim.  Welcome to the MLT Club! smile

• Michael Rife

09/12/2018 at 22:18

A Sweet Lorraine video could be one of their most creative and edgy videos.  I would be very interested in watching what they do with it.  Mike.

• Jung Roe

12/12/2018 at 18:31

Mike, yes I think it would make for an awesome video.

• Rich Holmes

13/09/2019 at 21:26

I would kill for a… wait… no… I’d really like to see a video of Sweet Lorraine. I can imagine they’d have a ton of fun with it.

• Rick Ross

12/12/2018 at 14:01

Sweet Lorraine is one of my top favorites. It is also a favorite of one of the MLT Team. So many directions that this video could go in.

For those of you that don’t know, the horn sound was made by Rudi’s keyboard and a device that he held in his mouth. As for the children’s choir in the recording? Mona, Lisa, and Michaela is the answer. A true family project on this song.

• Jung Roe

12/12/2018 at 18:18

Rick, agree.  You can see a glimpse of the ladies singing the childrens choir in ther 2017 recap video.  Would love to hear this on the airwaves everywhere one day too.  Very deserving song of many from the awesome Orange album.

• Jacki Hopper

12/12/2018 at 18:44

Indeed…this song screams creativity in video dept…I have images conjured up in my mind whenever I hear this song….They can go hog-wild with creative direction with this….perhaps they will   …and I just love this one….constantly sing along with them while I listen to it every time….definitely video worthy fun…..????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Howard

13/12/2018 at 02:52

Agreed Jacki. Perhaps they could second you into an ‘artistic advisor’ type role for the video. Not that they don’t have oodles of artistic talents themselves, but you could definitely contribute with your special blend of colour and poetry!

• David Herrick

12/05/2019 at 19:20

Very insightful analysis, Jung!  I think you could also compare the structure and feel to a lot of the hits of The Turtles.

Page 1 of 2