MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Oh "Sweet Lorraine", sounds so sweet

• Jung Roe

16/05/2019 at 05:34

Thanks David.  Yes, Turtles is a good comparison too.  Love their song “Happy Together”!  Sweet Lorraine is a timeless masterpiece that can be compared to some of the best of the Beatles, Turtles, and many other classics from the 60’s, yet sound modern and relevant as a brilliant masterpiece of today.

• Howard

16/05/2019 at 05:38

I’d love to hear the Twins do a cover of Bob Dylan’s ‘It Ain’t Me Babe’ in the Turtles’ style!

• Rich Holmes

13/09/2019 at 21:28

I had ORANGE on shuffle play with the Twins’ Beatles cover albums and “Sweet Lorraine” came up immediately after “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”. Now that’s a medley! But honestly… “Sweet Lorraine” is the better song of the two. I’ve never been a big fan of “Maxwell”, but “Lorraine” hits the target “Maxwell” missed.

• Jung Roe

13/09/2019 at 21:57

Agree Richard.  When Sweet Lorraine comes on in between Beatles songs and it fits right in and sounds as good, that’s a real testament to the MLT.  Now throw in some breathtaking Mona and Lisa signature harmonies that they’ve been doing lately that not even the Beatles ever came close to, and we’ve got the makings of a new sensation.

Page 2 of 2