MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Those beautiful voices

• Those beautiful voices

Posted by Bill Isenberg on 18/02/2022 at 14:49

I know this subject has come up before about Mona and Lisa’s voices but I wanted to express my happiness with their voices. To me someone who can sing and I emphize singing that person can pull you into the song and make you feel a part of their joy or heart ace etc…and you know when that person does that, you feel a part of that person. And to me? Mona and Lisa have such wonderful voices and they blend together so well and their sound is so polished and perfect at times I have tears with joy listening to them . One good example? Sounds of Silence, now your going to tell me that you don’t get pulled in with them and to have a tear of joy? Omg they can do that with a beautiful song like that and then take Kansas City or Sweet Lorraine and put you on a journey with them on the song. I always say they have a gift from God and for me? I won’t see another act or group with this much love and spirit for music like Mona and Lisa I am so glad I found them and my day is not complete unless I hear these wonderful ladies share their gift of music with us lucky people

With hugs and love

Bill and Maddie Isenberg Huge Fans from Pittsburgh Pa USA

Michael Thompson replied 2 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Christopher

18/02/2022 at 17:31

Agreed, agreed, and agreed! Nobody can harmonize like the MonaLisa Twins. Their individual voices, both alike and unique from each other, excel from ballads to pure rock.

It is especially nice that they are able to select the lead singer on each tune with 100% accuracy! Certainly, either sister could lead on any song, but they always make the right choice that makes the tune “pop”! Of course, there are pure Mona songs and pure Lisa songs, but the ones that is in either lady’s wheelhouse must be selected with great care. It is easy to see that there is no tension. They choose the sister who is best for each song.

“If I Fell” and “Here, There, and Everywhere” are just two examples of them singing together that is pure magic!

Their voices, along with their musicianship, takes them to an elite level. The Duo Sessions are my favorite so I can appreciate their guitar, bass, and percussion skills. In Pretty Flamingo, Mona is playing the guitar, harmonica, and the Wazinator at the same time…all while singing. Lisa’s lead guitar skills are always impeccable.

Pittsburgh!!! Both my parents were born and raised in Pirates country: My dad in Dayton, PA (Armstrong County) and my mom in Titusville (Crawford County). Hope that you have visited PNC Park. It is, perhaps, the nicest ballpark in the MLB!

• Bill Isenberg

18/02/2022 at 19:35

Well put Christopher and I am sure others agree with us. So many examples, Like When I am 64 video, the guitar playing and singing is done to perfection. As I was reading your post I agree 100% with you, and to prove that, just watch the video’s from the live album or just listen and each sister is so supportive of the other one on lead vocal’s to lead guitar work, it is amazing to watch and witness to me. But there is something about their voices that makes the world right to me and so soothing and great to hear after all the craziness this world is in today, and the bottom line? The Mona Lisa Twins! That is all we need to make the world right. god bless those wonderful ladies

Bill

• Bill Isenberg

18/02/2022 at 19:35

Oh yes we love PNC Park Christopher we are die hard Pirate Fans good or bad.

• Jung Roe

19/02/2022 at 10:10

Nicely said Bill. When Mona and Lisa sing, nothing can move me like they can. When I first heard their San Francisco, it hit me like a wall of bricks in the most wonderful way. It’s like heaven opened up through their angelic voices to say Jung it’s OK! The world is still a beautiful place.

https://youtu.be/kiJ9mob9veU

• Bill Isenberg

19/02/2022 at 14:21

AH Yes Jung San Francisco what a lovely song huh? And they were teen agers at the time of this video and they were on their way to sing into our hearts. I have always and still love Karen Carpenter but when i found Mona and Lisa i put them in the same class as Karen, soothing, polished and perfection of singing and at the end of the day when I come home from work, I listen to them and that puts it all in order for me saying there are two wonderful ladies in this world who are lovely and talented and love their craft.

• Michael Thompson

21/02/2022 at 15:18

I always find it remarkable how during the WOTT videos they join in the songs with perfect harmony and phrasing! So talented!