MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs Untouched Beatles Songs

• Untouched Beatles Songs

Posted by David Herrick on 28/03/2021 at 22:46

Are there any Beatles songs that you’ve never even attempted to play? Where you listened to it for the first time and just thought, “Nah, not interested in trying that one”?

Roger Penn replied 3 years, 2 months ago 11 Members · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • Lisa Wagner

Administrator
    28/03/2021 at 22:46

I’d say Revolution Number 9 has always been out of question 😉
    Other than that I can’t really think of songs that we wouldn’t potentially give a try.

• David Lawson

01/04/2021 at 09:50

Could you consider the Beatles Jealous Guy?

• Tom Fones

29/03/2021 at 00:58

Lennon’s angry songs – You can’t do that and one other? and Paint It Black by the Stones are the type of songs i would not select for the Twins to do. But they were well done anyway.

That’s just me.

• David Herrick

29/03/2021 at 02:40

Thomas, would the other Lennon song be Run for Your Life?

• Jung Roe

29/03/2021 at 01:36

Well when it comes to true artists as yourself Lisa, never say never is my motto, as when it comes to art the boundaries of artist are unlimited. The first Beatles song that popped to mind that might be an unlikely choice of yours that I thought for a brief moment is Helter Skelter which is their foray into heavy metal, actually the inspitation for heavy metal as no one did it before the Beatles, but then if you decided to do it I am certain it would be remarkable. I can imagine your master guitar work, and Mona and your raspy hard rock vocal magic.

Revolution 9 is a strange composition, I wonder what the Beatles vision for that one was?

• Tom Fones

29/03/2021 at 01:43

Jung,
    We’ll let John explain below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpMKmXKgPmc

When it got really wierd, i always assumed that Lennon had his face in the candy jar.

• Jung Roe

01/04/2021 at 01:04

Thanks for posting that Thomas. It’s interesting to hear the process John went through to come up with Revolution Number 9. One of their very abstract tracks, way ahead of it’s time maybe?

• Tom Fones

29/03/2021 at 02:45

Run for your life is a good choice.
    But there is one that they have covered.

Not Hey Bulldog but something else.

• Bill Isenberg

31/03/2021 at 00:29

I am thinking Bungalo Bill from the white album?

• Tom Fones

01/04/2021 at 03:48

I think i was thinking of Day Tripper.
    Another Lennon She-done-me-wrong song.
    But again – the Twins made it fresh and not angry.

I NEVER needed to hear These Boots Are Made For Waliking again …
    Nancy Sinatra sounded vindictive – but the Twins made it sound like just a pretty song.

On the other hand – there’s no saving Mercedes Benz – it just can’t be done.
    But that’s just me.

P.S.
    Everyone check out Mona responded to my (and Jung’s) gardening post(s).

• Jung Roe

01/04/2021 at 05:34

I think Run For Your Life with those raw guitar sounds would be interesting, as well as And Your Bird Can Sing. Been thinking of that one since the Revolver WOTT. Both with some great Beatles guitar work.

• Doug Kassel

02/04/2021 at 22:40

“You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)” and “Why Don’t We Do It in the Road?” don’t seem like particularly good fits.

• Roger Penn

06/04/2021 at 17:36

Doug – Those are the exact same two that immediately came to my mind! And also Within You Without You would be kinda weird, but I’d sure enjoying hearing how they would do it!

• William Saunders

03/04/2021 at 06:57

I would be interested to hear their take on “Within You Without You”

• Rick Twomey

03/04/2021 at 14:26

I really like a lot of the early Beatle songs such as the instrumental CRY FOR A SHADOW , written by George and John….it would make a great video with Lisa on lead guitar…Papa Rudi on bass…Mona on drums and rhythm guitar and it would be a “kick ass” live show opener……I am definitely an EARLY Beatles fan…so other early songs would be …It Won’t Be Long…Ask Me Why…Do You Want To Know A Secret…As I Write This Letter….the early albums had several songs NOT written by The Beatles that would be great for MLT to record such as these two rockers Roll Over Beethoven…Long Tall Sally…and how about A Taste Of Honey…Act Naturally….There’s A Place with harmonica would segue right into Please Please Me…..and of course I think we are all waiting for that magical and mystical moment when Lisa opens the bird cage door for And That Bird Can Sing????

• Doug Kassel

03/04/2021 at 23:42

Rick,

By “As I Write This Letter…”, I assume you mean “P. S. I Love You.”

• Rick Twomey

03/04/2021 at 14:53

My two German speaking ladies…Mona and Lisa…on the album titled” Something New”…Capitol Records United States…The Beatles recorded the German version of “I Want To Hold Your Hand”….Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand……now here’s something that’s going to send people scurrying to the Live Cavern Club CD….right toward the end of I Want To Hold Your Hand…my ears are hearing …which ever one of you is singing the lead slips into unconsciously saying Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand…are my ears playing tricks on me ?

• Tom Fones

03/04/2021 at 16:17

Rick,
    the Twins won’t answer a post more than once.
    Imagine how much work that would be.

I’m going to check out that sonf when i get in my car.
    Thanks

• Bill Isenberg

03/04/2021 at 20:48

Rick,
    I lean towards the early Beatles myself, 1963 to 1966 era and the cover songs are just as good to me that the Beatles do. You really got a hold on me is one that I rank up there just as good as the original but not taking anything away from Smokey Robinson, such a genius. Which leads to the cover songs that Mona and Lisa do, wow they breathe new life into them and yes they make the dark covers , Paint it Black etc sound so cool and awesome. But I agree with Lisa Revolution #9 is one that if I never hear it again I will be ok. Probably one Beatle song I never did like. And Helter Skelter is another one, brings back sad memories of the 1969 slayings , sad because it is a true rocker. And the song for some reason was tied in to that situation. But for a group like the Beatles to put out so much great music during their run, and to have 1 or 2 bad songs? Does not seem to bad to me. They were and still are the masters of the era and it continues today and beyond in my book.

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now