MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Who in MLT Club Land is Sixty Four, or More?

Tagged: 

• Howard

03/09/2020 at 04:02

One of my brothers was hospitalised with a collapsed lung years ago, so I have some idea of the pain you have been through Thomas.

I hope you’re recovering well.

• Thomas Randall

03/09/2020 at 11:59

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes. I don’t like to preach but if you smoke QUIT NOW. I quit 25 years ago but once the damage is done, it’s done. You DO NOT want to go through what I just did.

Back to the original topic please.

• Michael Rife

04/09/2020 at 12:48

Yep, over 64 also by 2 and soon to be 3 years.  Mike.

• Jim Yahr

05/09/2020 at 04:43

Five over 64 last April.  Was running down until heart valve surgery a year ago.  Recovered now, going strong cycling 20 miles a day, and apparently “chicks dig scars” down the middle of your chest!

• Thomas Randall

05/09/2020 at 12:14

[postquote quote=102983][/postquote]

Good for you Jim! Way to go! Do chicks dig orthoscopic surgery scars? I have 7 of those so far.

• Jim Yahr

05/09/2020 at 21:10

7 operations or 7 scars?  I have 3 orthoscopic  ops with 3 scars on each shoulder and 3 on my left knee and they don’t seem to notice them as much.  But, I’m going to the grave with as many worn out parts as I can afford.

• Thomas Randall

05/09/2020 at 21:41

[postquote quote=103029][/postquote]

7 scars from 2 operations. Gall bladder removal last year and lung surgery last week. Good times!   😉

I’ve never had any health issues until I turned 60 2 years ago. Then BLAMO! Go figure.

• John Behle

06/09/2020 at 01:49

Get feeling better Thomas.  That doesn’t sound like fun.   Hope you feel stronger and better every day!  My sister just lost a lung to cancer.  I can’t imagine how she quit smoking and then picked it up a few months after the surgery.  But then my brother has lived pretty healthy and is now losing a ten year battle with cancer.

I’m coming up on 64 in less than a year.  Only a couple orthopedic scars from a failed back surgery and a nice zipper scar from extensive heart surgery.  I  kind of like that scar since it was 100% successful and gave me another 19 yrs and a chance to raise my two youngest boys.  Lost track of the stitches in the hundreds from my dirt bike.  Forced to slow down after my fourth broken limb and destroyed knees and lower back from skiing.

So, coming up on 64 is very strange.  My mind says I’m still in my 20’s and I want to go jump on my motorcycle – then my body screams out that it is about 264 instead of 64.  But, attitude means a great deal.  A couple years ago I was trying to survive but expecting not to.  Now I plan and expect to hit 64 feeling much younger than that and heading upward not downward.

I couldn’t imagine trying to calculate how much the beautiful music and attitudes of Mona and Lisa make a difference.  A look at their smiles, a laugh at their jokes, the joy of their voices and skill of their music can change my whole day.  They may not be able to walk on water, but their influence sends ripples of joy, happiness and healing throughout the world.  Many times I start my day with “Good Day Sunshine” and am always glad I do.

Ok, I’m hooked on MLT, but what better thing to be hooked on?  My form of AAA = “Awesome Attitude Addiction.”

“keeping some optimism in these dark days because the clouds will roll away” – Paul McCartney – Apr 14, 2020

• Lynn T. Newcomb

10/09/2020 at 02:17

Mt Cameron (1024x819)

64 years old on my fifth (and final) fourteener.  I was thinking when I put that shirt on that I should have an MLT t-shirt.

• Jacki Hopper

12/09/2020 at 04:16

I always share MLT’s YouTube  link of this song to family and friends whenever the  “Big  64th”  has occured and it always gets a Thumbs up/Like/Love  when I’ve done so ??

Page 2 of 2