MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion All I Want Christmas To Be

• All I Want Christmas To Be

Posted by Tim Verthein on 14/12/2021 at 21:16

I just want to say that I played “All I Want Christmas To Be” on my radio show this morning and by the time it was over I was crying like a little baby and could hardly go on the air after the song. Crying in a combination of nostalgia, hope and joy. THIS is a song that needs to become a Christmas classic. THEN when I got home I looked it up and watched the video on Youtube and it reminded me of all the home movies I have of when I was little. I plan on pulling out those movies which I haven’t watched in years (they’re on FILM and 50-60 years old) and show them to my Grandson. Lots of old Christmas movies from the 1950’s and 60’s. This is a song for the ages. Happy holidays to you and your family. I’m gong to play this song every day the rest of the season no the air. So touching. And for the record, I’m not one who cries easily. Just beautiful.

Jung Roe replied 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jung Roe

15/12/2021 at 07:09

Tim, indeed this is an incredibly beautiful song and a classic as good as any of the best classic Christmas music ever written. It captures all the wonderful Christmas feelings I ever felt and takes me back to those wonderful times! Such magical song writing! Love the piano runs in it too.

• Johnnypee Parker

17/12/2021 at 04:25

This song has become a Christmas favorite in our house. It has such a classic feel to it, I can’t help but think of childhood memories of Christmas time. And the classic home movie feel of the video fits perfectly.

Jung, I always concentrated on the guitar. You are right, the piano is beautiful. Would that be Sir Rudi?

JP

• Jung Roe

17/12/2021 at 04:48

Hi JP, I am pretty certain it is Sir Rudi doing the honors, as envisioned in a white suit playing a white grand piano like in Still A Friend of Mine, maybe sipping on a cinnamon sprinkled glass of eggnog in between Mona and Lisa singing and guitaring.