MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs Count On Me fingerpicking

• Count On Me fingerpicking

Posted by Gert Just Jensen on 02/03/2022 at 18:32

Hi, maybe this one is for Lisa, since shes the one doing that. I have several students that learned to play Count On Me, now 3 of them asked me about the fingerpicking and im always happy when i can get them interested in that, sofar ive only taught them the easy one, used on If I Fell. My eyes arent as good as they used to be, but it looks like, and sounds like to me, that it`s pretty much the pattern that Paul Simon uses on The Boxer, can i get away with using that one, without it sounding to different?

Gert Just Jensen replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Lisa Wagner

Administrator
    02/03/2022 at 18:32

Hi Gert!

First of all, I want to say how cool I think it is that you’re teaching your students “Count On Me”. That makes me smile from ear to ear 🙂

And yes, the Boxer picking pattern definitely works. I believe I played it a little differently on the Duo Session version than I did on the album track, but any of the typical folky pickings would work. Sometimes even I forget and change it up 😉 .

Happy picking and please say “hi” to your students from us!
    Lisa

• Gert Just Jensen

03/03/2022 at 18:18

I hope i can show you a bit soon, they are to shy to play online, but at a Christmas market to be held last year, one of my students, Maria drew a sign, shes the biggest fan, she says she wants to write songs like Lisa does, so shes trying that, and are actually off to a good start. but anyway, the sign saying the MonaLisa guitarclub, and most of the girls would be there, so we could get a picture to send to you, but unfortunately Covid put a stop to that, but well try again at a local festival, later this Spring. Thanks for the explanation, ill try with The Boxer style first, since i`m familiar with that one.

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now