• Posted by Tomás F. Calvo on 24/03/2024 at 07:16

“Listen People” is a Graham Gouldman song that gave it’s translated name to this Argentine only compilation in 1967. It has the iconic Bus Stop and No Milk Today.

One of the few non-Beatle records that I loved and played back to front. It doesn’t have Mrs. Brown, or I’m Henry VIII I Am, but there’s no room for more.

I recently got my hands on it again, and even though it is VERY scratchy, it’s a great album. Brings back many memories. Since the songs are on YouTube, I made a playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss4jYTd8KUo&list=PLMFuZZFtfl_IZLz9rkqGuZhLOjdyLO02z.

I always got a kick out of the translations.

Tomás F. Calvo replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Roger Penn

24/03/2024 at 20:20

While I love HH and have a lot of their stuff, I don’t know if I’ve ever heard their version of Bus Stop before. Being a Gouldman song, it only makes sense they would have recorded it. Still, my favorite version is MLT’s, even more so than the Hollies.

• Tomás F. Calvo

26/03/2024 at 22:26

Yes, I agree Roger, the twins version is the best. Also the video with the “Employee of the Month” and the sock. Cracks me up every time.

I am biased when I say that ’67 was a great year, because I was born then, but so much music that I love came from that year. Sgt Pepper, The Doors, Cream, Jefferson Airplane, this album, Aretha’s Respect, and so much more.