MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Support & Suggestions Forum: New Content and My Content filter buttons suggestion

• Forum: New Content and My Content filter buttons suggestion

Posted by Jung Roe on 19/10/2018 at 04:19

Hi MLT Team

I’ve been a member of the “Fountainpennetwork” forum for a number of years, and there are two very useful features used in this forum that make navigating content in the entire forum very easy, and pleasant that perhaps might be worth considering

1. New Content filter button.  This view basically filters out all previously viewed topics  across the entire forum that do not have any new posts.  So it presents only new topics you haven’t seen before, and any existing topics you’ve accessed before that have a new post in it.  It is a handy way to browse the forum for only new content in one place.

2..My Content filter button.  This view filters in only topics you created, and other peoples topics that you posted in.  This is another handy view to see only your content in the forum in one place.

I promise this is it for improvement suggestions for a little while. 🙂

By the way, I commend the MLT Team for creating such a remarkable and professional website so well organized, rich in content and incredible features.  In my engineering profession I often go to corporate vendor websites to find information, and you put most of these big corporation and major vendor websites to shame.

Jung Roe replied 5 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    19/10/2018 at 21:58

Two very legitimate suggestions, Jung. I am also still working to see all of that information in one central place not in two different user profiles/account pages. It’s just not so easy to find a solution that doesn’t produce additional problems like slowing down the site or producing random errors. But we came a lot closer to that this week.

• Jung Roe

20/10/2018 at 08:00

Thanks Rudolf.  I know these functions are easy to describe in words, but to actually design and implement can be quite the challenge.   Best of luck with it.