MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Introduce Yourself Hello from North Carolina

• Hello from North Carolina

Posted by David Herrick on 01/05/2019 at 05:37

Hello, my name is David, and I’m an MLTaholic.

It all started innocently enough just a few days ago.  I was standing on the street corner watching Beatles videos, when suddenly YouTube came up to me, opened its trench coat, and offered me some MLT.  I was going to politely refuse, but I noticed that they had my favorite flavor, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer, so I gave it a try, and I was immediately hooked.  I sampled If I Fell and Bus Stop, and the next thing I knew I was consuming every cover I saw.

But the high was wearing off too fast, so I started hitting the hard stuff:  the original songs.  It took some time to build up my tolerance, but the playlist is now responsible for my 15-video-a-day habit.  When I’m not watching them, I’m THINKING about watching them.  The voices in my head won’t quit harmonizing.  So far I’ve just said no to Orange, but I don’t know how much longer I can hold out.

I’m counting on you guys to help me manage the euphoria.

David Herrick replied 2 weeks, 4 days ago 8 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • David Herrick

01/05/2019 at 06:11

Sorry about the misspelling:   MLToholic.  Euphoria is no excuse for lack of attention to detail.

• Howard

01/05/2019 at 06:47

Welcome to the club David. We are all members of MLToholics Anonymous here!

• Jung Roe

01/05/2019 at 06:53

A very warm welcome David.  I’ve been an MLToholic 2 years and I cant get enough of their music.  You’ve found a wonderful musical gem in the MLT.  ?

• Jacki Hopper

01/05/2019 at 16:40

Hi David…Welcome…I’ve been MLTBuzzing my MLToholism for about 10 yrs… Became lifelong hooked immediately after happily discovering them doing a superbly cover of California Dreaming on YouTube eons ago as I was looking for a decent rendition…. Best things are the unexpected gems one comes across… By the way I’m from Canada???… We’re all here to support MLT … So… Get your Groovy MLTBuzzing Goin and peel into Orange… It’s musically refreshing and juicy Groovy MusicTastebud Perfection??????❤️☮️✌️

• Stephen Krogh

01/05/2019 at 17:01

Welcome David! I can very much relate to the condition you find yourself in. My predicament started with a innocent search for the Beatles “Drive My Car” and has led to a compulsive desire to listen and watch these incredible twins endlessly. However, it should comfort you to know that this groovy addiction has actually led to an improved quality of life!

• Tomás F. Calvo

02/05/2019 at 04:40

Hello David! I’m in NC too, Chapel Hill, to be exact.  Welcome!

• David Herrick

07/05/2019 at 16:02

Nice to make your acquaintance!  I’m in High Point, only about an hour away from you.  Good to know there are other Tarheels with musical taste.

• Lisa Wagner

Administrator
    06/05/2019 at 00:02

A big fat HELLO and welcome to the Club, David!

If you came here to get clean, we’ve got bad news for you. We’ve got a whole warehouse full of aged, fine MLT vintage stuff waiting to be ditched into the MLT Club while brewing up even more potent new substances that run the possibility of getting you even more hooked. Sorry, David!

We hope you’ll find lots of like-minded people here, and we thank you for the enthusiasm and support! We’re glad to have you on board.

We felt so flattered by the “Time’s Are A Changing” MLT version. Thank you for that!

Remember, if you’ve got any questions, you can ask us over at “Ask The MonaLisa Twins”. Other than that, we simply hope you enjoy yourself here and say thanks again for joining the Club!

• David Herrick

01/05/2024 at 06:15

Hello, me from exactly five years ago today, and welcome to the club!

Trust me, Mona and Lisa are the real deal, and will keep you happily entertained for years to come. And the other club members you’ll meet here are among the nicest, most positive people you could ever hope to know.

So don’t hold back; just dive right in. The Orange juice is fine!

Oh, and thanks for reminding me which videos initially got me hooked; I had forgotten. Information overload is one of the side effects of this addiction!

• Stephen Krogh

01/05/2024 at 14:32

Happy Anniversary David! So glad you succumbed five years ago. Many thanks for 5 years worth of smiles! 😁

• Jung Roe

02/05/2024 at 00:46

Hey Happy Anniversary David! It’s been 5 years of some wonderful groovy discussions with you, so glad the MLT Beatle Bug flashed you on that street corner that day! 😊

• Paul

01/05/2024 at 12:19

David, I see that your MLT addiction isn’t cured yet, then. You could perhaps have tried to visit “Doctor Robert” and/or put your hand inside the “Medicine Jar”, but now “It’s Too Late”, I’m afraid. You needed to say “I’m going to stop listening to the “Voice Inside My Head”” and “I’m going to “Beat It”” but here you are, 5 years on, unable to even say “It’s Getting Better”, because it clearly isn’t. At the end of the day, if I were you, I would now just “Roll With It”.

I love your initial post, David (and Lisa’s response too!). If it’s any consolation to you, I now have the same addiction, and there just seems to be no cure available anywhere. I too watch the MLT videos on a regular basis and barely a day goes by without me watching the Bus Stop one that you highlighted in your original post. Incidentally, I still don’t understand why Mona hasn’t received any acting accolades yet for her impeccable rendition of a bus. I’d like to think that, over time, she will receive appropriate recognition for this.

Between you and me, you might like to ask the girls if you’re now due a long service award, or perhaps vouchers for 20% off the cost of the next MLT concert near you. (Don’t tell anyone else though!).

• Jacki Hopper

01/05/2024 at 17:36

Well now a most #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified ( That’s my own copyright coined catchphrase ) 5 th MLT Club Membership #AnniMLTGroove-ary ( This newly created coin catchphrase exclusively created for this purpose & copyright ) from me to you …. Congrats and it’s a Lifelong Everlasting Positivity Plight ….. though I’ve been afflicted 11 yrs prior to you for ….lol that’s right , 16 yrs being #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified … And I’m probably one of the longest holding MLT Clubbers going, or pretty near it … given true attestment to the invested worthwhilness that Team MLT takes utmost pride in and deliver true Positivity Empowering Eminating Embracement …. 🤘💎🎉🎊

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Jacki Hopper.
  • David Herrick

02/05/2024 at 05:25

Paul, Stephen, Jacki, and Jung: thank you for the cheery thoughts! I honestly wasn’t expecting anyone to reply, but of course you folks are some of the super-nice people that I just warned myself about.