MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Introduce Yourself Hello to Mona and Lisa, Michaela and Rudi

• Hello to Mona and Lisa, Michaela and Rudi

Posted by Patrick Deblasi on 30/07/2022 at 19:11

My name is Patrick DeBlasi,

I discovered your videos on YouTube in April, and I’m so glad I did. My Father passed away on April 3. I stayed with my mother while I was shutting down their house and preparing to move her. She is 83 and has dementia, and can’t live alone. One evening that first week without him, I was sitting at the kitchen table one evening watching various videos of people covering Beach Boy songs on my iPad, and my mom sat down next to me to watch. Then I searched for Monkees covers, and I found the two of you playing I’m a Believer at the Cavern Club.

I never know what my mother is going to remember, but she remember that song and asked if you had any other videos. So I searched, and we spent a couple hours sitting there watching MonaLisa Twins videos! My mother loves Lisa’s bright red hair. You actually lifted our spirits. You’ve given me hope for the future of music because I really don’t like what’s out there nowadays.

So we moved mom from Connecticut to Florida and I live in Indiana. I play several instruments (bass, guitar, violin and several brass instruments).

I enjoy your music and your videos but I want to give a big shout out to Papa Rudi the sound engineer. I run sound equipment on the side, mostly old school equipment, and I know how important the sound engineer is and how little recognition they get! I would actually love to meet your father and learn a few things from him!

My best to you both, and your family.

Patrick

PS – Posters! You need to put out posters – I do have suggestions….

Patrick Deblasi replied 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Jung Roe

30/07/2022 at 20:05

Hi Patrick, a huge welcome to the MLT Club! Thanks so much for sharing your story about your father and your mother. It is so heartwarming. Condolences for your father.

I echo all your sentiments about Mona and Lisa. Back in 2017 after my mom passed away the year before, discovering MLT, all their beautiful music and fun and groovy cheer they radiated into my life, made the emptiness and void I was feeling go away.

• Patrick Deblasi

30/07/2022 at 20:10

Thank you, Jung,

They certainly are cheerful and groovy!

• Johnnypee Parker

31/07/2022 at 00:58

Hi Patrick,

It’s so heartwarming to hear how fans have connected with MLT in a very emotional way. They can truly bring light to anyone’s day.

I agree with you about Rudi. These mixes are fantastic. Although, I think Lisa and Mona are right there with him. Check out the backward guitar tracks on “Once Upon A Time”. I didn’t notice them at first, and then I listened with earbuds and they snuck up on me.

Have you found all of the rabbit holes here? The Out & About section is pretty kool. We love the sky diving video. They are regular dare devils.

Welcome to the club , you are just in time for the new album.

Marlo & JP

• Patrick Deblasi

31/07/2022 at 02:13

Thank you, I only joined this week and am discovering the sections of this site page by page. So much to see here!

• Jacki Hopper

02/08/2022 at 16:25

Hi Patrick, and a #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified Welcome here to you, nice to meet you, yes, enjoy all the MLT Club offerings here, lots to discover, participate in/with …

I’m a Canadian MLT fan going on 15 yrs now, had first discovered them on YouTube while looking for a decent cover version of ” California Dreaming “, Thankful, their version caught my ears/eyes, and became hooked right from get go…

Their music and they themselves, Rudi and Michaela inckyded are all refreshing to me in today’s music landscape ….

My own Dad passed away on my Birthday in 2011, while my Mom passed in 1995 .., looking forward to seeing more postings from you… Grooving Onwards MLT style…????☮

• Patrick Deblasi

03/08/2022 at 00:26

Thank you so much, Jacki!

Stay Groovy! ☮️

• Lynn T. Newcomb

04/08/2022 at 04:11

Welcome to the Club, Patrick. MLT has had posters for sell in the past but they seem to be out of stock at the moment. Hopefully when they release their new album there will be a new poster as well.

• Patrick Deblasi

04/08/2022 at 13:54

Hi Lynn,

I hope so, but they have some other pictures I would love to see as posters – especially studio pictures.

patrick