MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Support & Suggestions Jump to the bottom button, or truncate to pages suggestion

• Jump to the bottom button, or truncate to pages suggestion

Posted by Jung Roe on 27/10/2018 at 05:05

Hi MLT Team

The forum with all the recent enhancement looks and works great.  It’s come along so much in just a week or so.  Thanks!

Jump to the end or bottom button:

With some of the larger topics that are growing in size to hundreds of posts, a “jump to the bottom” button, like the jump to the top button you already have, might be helpful, especially when viewing from a smart phone.   From my computer browser I can just click and drag the bar to scroll quickly down to the bottom, but I find with my phone, it requires quite a few down strokes to get to the bottom on some of the bigger topics.

Pages:

Another idea might be to just truncate to a new page when it exceeds say 50 posts, then you can just click the last page, first page, or one of the intermediate pages to navigate around the topic quickly.

Thanks

Jung Roe replied 5 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jung Roe

27/10/2018 at 21:15

I just noticed the”First new reply” label, that jumps you to the latest reply in a thread when something new appears.  That is brilliant and basically addresses my suggestions above.  Thank you.

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    31/10/2018 at 06:22

Hi Jung,

You seem to be faster than I can answer ;-). We also thought back and forth about reversing the order of replies so to have the newest replies on top but then we decided against it because for new people it would be hard to read and it would also be a bit unusual for this kind of forum.

We are  now close to releasing a rather big update of the user interface with some features that make organizing your online presence a better experience. It’s not really easy to implement because so many aspects have to be taken into account not to break the site while updating but we hope we can make it within the next days.

• Jung Roe

01/11/2018 at 06:20

Hi Rudi

That sounds great about the new big update, but have to say you’re doing a phenomenal job with how well everything looks and functions on the forum and the MLT club now.   I don’t know how you do it.

• Howard

02/11/2018 at 10:42

Apart from the”First new reply”, I still have to scroll down for the latest posts. Hopefully this will be sorted with the new upgrade. This club just keeps getting better!

• Jung Roe

07/11/2018 at 07:41

Ahhh, I just noticed pages now.   It makes navigating and sorting the longer threads a lot more manageable.  Thanks Rudi!

The discussion ‘Jump to the bottom button, or truncate to pages suggestion’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now