• MLT 45 rpm Vinyl

Posted by Tomás F. Calvo on 06/01/2024 at 19:12

I’m thinking I should release this thought into the wild:

I’d love to have a MLT 45 record. The Christmas song is such a good song and it never (as it’s customary in these digital times) got a proper “Single” release. Additionally, the new instrumental version that was used in the Advent Calendar videos this year highlights it’s “unsung” virtues.

Wouldn’t it be nice, if next year or any other Christmas, we had a release of All I Want Christmas To Be on a 45 vinyl, with the flip side being the instrumental version?

I know there are so many factors in getting this done, but it would be nice.

Tomás

Tim Arnold replied 4 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Roger Penn

06/01/2024 at 21:13

Brilliant! Genius! That would be awesome!

• Charles

06/01/2024 at 21:34

Yes, I agree, that would be awesome. Wouldn’t that be a cool little gift to give to everyone you know at Christmas. And, wouldn’t it be something if they could arrange the instrumental version to include Rudi’s hammond. Imagine that.

• Tomás F. Calvo

09/01/2024 at 05:08

Getting the 45 for “Now and Then” made me think of it. There’s something to holding a 45 vinyl in your hands, feels like a “portkey” to the 60s.

• Tim Arnold

09/01/2024 at 05:53

Tomas, I like this idea. I have a small collection of 45’s, mostly 50’s, 60’s and 70’s Rock n Roll records. They are mostly keepsakes as I never play them and I would love to add All I Want Christmas To Be. With Mona and Lisa’s signature it would be a treasure. I think their swinging version of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas would be a cool B side but I would be happy with any of the others.