MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion MLT doing songs/covers from Movies …..

• MLT doing songs/covers from Movies …..

Posted by Jacki Hopper on 03/02/2024 at 22:33

I was watching “,Wayne’s World ” on VHS tape that I have , and at the end where Tia Carriere-Cassandra belts out ” Bar/BallRoom Blitz “… Mona & Lisa came to my mind to having singing that… I can absolutely envision Mona & Lisa Vocally and Guitarwise/Drumwise let loose on that … I loved Tia’s rendition , it’s cool to hear it from a female ‘s perspective …. or have Mona & Lisa already did do, and I’ve forgotten but I can envision their spin on it ….

Which brings me to….

** Note of Clarification**

As in, what songs played in/from a movie and/or perhaps an original to be played for a movie could you envision Mona & Lisa doing besides my choice of ” Bar-BallRoom Blitz ” as I already mentioned earlier in this posting ?!

… Hoping I made my posting conveyance better clearly understood as I don’t always clarify myself to be understood and get misunderstood as a result … lol

What songs/covers from movies could you envision absolutely MLT doing besides ” Bar/Ball Room Blitz ?! …

I’d love to see what everyone comes up with 🤘🏻😎

• This discussion was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Jacki Hopper.
    Tim Arnold replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Roger Penn

04/02/2024 at 00:32

That depends what you mean by “song from a movie.” There’s a difference between a song FROM (originally written and recorded for) a movie, and a song simply used in a movie. Even limiting the discussion to songs from movies, I could list dozens. But you’re right about Ballroom Blitz, they could have a lot of fun doing that one.

• Jacki Hopper

04/02/2024 at 01:52

I meant.. as in…songs used in a movie, although a cover to an original or an original used in a movie could work too… but I was gearing towards neaning used in a movie.. sorry that my conveyance didn’t come across clearly to he understood correctly…

Let me repeat to clarify…. I mean Songs Used In A Movie ….lol

• Jung Roe

04/02/2024 at 02:18

Hi Jacki

One of my favourite songs from a movie, is Simon and Garfunkle’s “El Condor Pasa”. I first heard this song in a 1973 movie “The Voyage of The Yes” starring Desi Arnaz Junior, about surviving a voyage across the Pacific Ocean in a sloop, and then more recently in a 2014 movie “The Wild”, about a young woman portrayed by Reese Witherspoon hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, trying to find meaning in her life that was filled with tragedy. I always found this song intriguing and beautiful, about survival and perseverance. Perhaps Mona and Lisa could weave their magic on this one and do some incredible things with it. It’s begging for beautiful harmonies and sweet guitar work.

https://youtu.be/A41CQzqUj8c?si=xzHtzWaYGTfNZIWz

• Jung Roe

04/02/2024 at 02:23

In a similar vein, I think MLTs “Jump Ship”, could make an amazing sound track for a Hollywood box office movie, like maybe in the next Bond film.

• Tim Arnold

04/02/2024 at 18:22

Jung, I agree with you on Jump Ship. It would be a great song for a movie. I hope the girls eventually make a video for it for YouTube. It stood out as the best song on Why? when I first listened to the album. I think all the songs on the album are great now but Jump Ship is still on the top of my list. I made my own video of it using old World War II videos, mostly air and sea battles. It works great as a background for those videos. I won’t upload it to YouTube though because the video quality is not good. Plus, I would never upload MLT music without their permission.

Speaking of Bond movies I think my favorite Bond themes are Live and Let Die by McCartney and Nobody Does It Better by Carly Simon. I think Mona and Lisa would do a fantastic version of either.