MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Introduce Yourself MLT2 LOVES MLT – More than ever!

• MLT2 LOVES MLT – More than ever!

Posted by Michael Triba on 12/10/2018 at 04:34

What’s your name?
    Michael Triba, but I usually go by Mike. You also know me as MLT2 Michael. Early on when I first started to send e-mails to you in the Springtime of 2016, I needed a “handle” for you to be able to identify me. For those who do not know me, this stands for the combined initials of my wife and myself; Michael and Lenore Triba. So, as husband and wife, we are MLT too, or MLT2 for short. Clever, huh? By the way, ever since ORANGE came out; I think of my wife as “Sweet Lenore.” In the newlywed part of our marriage she would die or kill for a kiss. Maybe not quite so much now, eh? ????

Where do you live? Have you ever been to Austria or the UK?
    Omaha, Nebraska in Middle Earth America. This year has been lousy to live here! The 4th hottest summer ever, and really rainy and cold now. Probably going straight to winter with ice and snow and blizzards. It is American college football (not soccer) season here now. My beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers have zero wins and 5 losses right now. We have a new coach that was our National Championship quarterback 21 years ago. He will take us back to the “promised land” eventually in 2-3 years; we hope!

We went to Poland in 1985 for two weekends of International Bible Conventions behind the Iron Curtain. No other countries though. I am half Polish from dad’s side. Mom always told us she was half Swedish. Sweet Lenore and I had our AncestryDNA done last year. I have ZERO Swedish DNA, but we had ancestors that emigrated there from Western Europe. I am 32% BRITISH and my 22x great-grandfather was Edward I, King of England! Maybe Sweet Lenore and I should move to Liverpool, eh?
    How did you come across the MonaLisa Twins?
    On YouTube on 4/2/16. My baby brother Tommy was turning 64 the next day and I was searching for a cover of “When I’m 64.” I actually e-mailed him two covers first that were not your cover: A barbershop quartet and then Barry Gibb of The Bee Gees covering it next. The first one of yours I found was “In My Life” when you were almost 16, and then I found your cover of “When I’m 64” next when you were 19 and was instantly hooked! 2 years, 6 months, and 9 days ago, I fell in love and my love continues to grow.

What’s your favourite MLT song?
    Easy question ladies!!! From “When We’re Together” it is “All About Falling In Love.” I desired to find a wife/lover/soulmate when I was in my mid-20’s and did not find HER until we were both 29. We married on 11/8/81, my 31st birthday and she was 30. Your signed poster and 35th Anniversary wishes are above my piano and one of my most prized possessions. “And uhh, what a difference it makes if somebody stands by your side.” That song still makes me cry every time and I’m listening right now.

From “ORANGE” it is “Count On Me” and I think you know the reasons it is now my MLT #1. It is one of the most beautiful songs ever written; everything about it!!!

What other music do you listen to?
    You want to know my brand new All-Time Top 5? It has changed since I mailed you the binder with my Top 10, two years ago. #1 The Moody Blues (Always and forever) #2 The MonaLisa Twins (You were tied with the Moodies, but I wanted no ties in my new Top 25; sorry!) #3 ABBA (Sorry girls, lol! At least you are ahead of them, right?) #4 Steps (From the U.K. – Itso introduced them to me in the 6 months while I was at IFC. I also call them “ABBA 2.0”) #5 The Beatles (Sorry Fab Four, you were #2 for decades, but I have new loves that are much prettier than you!)

Tell us one interesting fact or story about you! Did you see the Beatles in concert?
    Lenore and I saw Paul McCartney in concert in Raleigh, North Carolina on 7/22/90. He sang “Birthday” and it was Lenore’s 39th birthday! I play piano and keyboard, but I’m not as good as your brilliant papa Rudi! Mostly play Moody Blues, Beatles, and Bee Gees. Now that I’m 98% off Facebook I want to start learning all your songs this winter. By the way, I’m really proud of Mona learning the flute, and Lisa learning the cello!

All for now, I think you finally ran out of questions! I was not used to your new website at first, but now this is the groovier than grooviest place on the World Wide Web! Love to your papa Rudi and your lovely step-mum Michaela! After this morning, I’m back on Cloud #9, #9, #9!!! ????

Michael Triba replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jacki Hopper

12/10/2018 at 04:52

Well Hiya OmahaMike…nice to see ya here????

• Lisa Wagner

Administrator
    12/10/2018 at 06:57

Now that’s an introduction! 😉 Glad you decided to join us here and that you shared some of your life with the MLT Club. It feels great being able to say that … MLT Club … it is finally reality (we’ve been working on this behind the scenes for ages!).
    We’ll be posting plenty in here and can’t wait to extend and grow this part of the www. Great to have you on board and looking forward to new adventures 🙂

• Michael Triba

23/10/2018 at 06:08

Hiya yourself, Ms. Purple Canada Hopper!  Long time; no talk to, young lady!  So happy to re-connect with you! You probably gave Mona and Lisa the idea (or at least the impetus) to start this fan club with the Intergalactic!  I found so many new (to me) great artists while I was there.  I primarily credit (blame) Itso for that; lol!  Coming here, I feel like I have returned home where I belong!  I look forward to getting to know better all the Wagners here, but also to resume with the escapades of the Queen Purple Buzzzzzzerrrr!!!!!  Ha ha!

• Michael Triba

23/10/2018 at 06:16

Hey there Sweet Lisa (not Sad Lisa)!  You made the looonnnggg introduction easy with your questions.  You know me well by now, that I am rarely SPEECHLESS, unless you and your kid sister make NEW MUSIC!  I would have answered your kind reply much earlier, but for some reason, I am not getting the notices of replies via e-mail even though I have the box checked.  These are not going to my spam folder either.  I have received a couple notifications, but not many.  I wonder what I am doing wrong?  Probably because I am 2.5 years older than when we met.  BTW, if you ever cease seeing me here or getting my subscription $$, it is likely I’m dead.  Sorry; that is a bit morbid, but true dear.