MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion MLT’s amazing guitar work

• Daryl Jones

08/04/2024 at 18:58

Well thought out and put together Jung! I always find myself studying what the girls do with their renditions of famous songs, and they never cease to amaze me. I cannot help but stare intently at the way they put their own flair on masterpieces of songs both old and new. Different keys, and using different guitars. I have no idea how many times I’ve watched their Hotel California video, but each time I find something previously undiscovered in how they put it together. And at such a much younger age than now, but the articulate playing and structure of one of my absolute favorite pieces is just out of this world. Mona’s lively yet somehow melancholy Latin style strumming on Sixto’s Sugar Man is simply exceptional. The bassline that Lisa carries is so complimentary yet subliminal. Beyond cool. And that lead work on the Santana song way back in the California concert days…wow! To have that kind of touch at that age…I could go on and on, but they just nail everything they put forward.
    And they choose such wonderful guitars for their recordings and videos, it’s hard not to drool over them. Several I don’t have but would love to add to my family. Especially a nylon string one…
    That is the trouble with guitars, there are never enough…nor can there ever be too many. 😉

• Bill Isenberg

08/04/2024 at 19:06

I agree guys, and one back in the day duo session is Mrs. Robinson, wow they nailed that one for me and would love to see them re visit this in 2024.

• Jung Roe

09/04/2024 at 00:41

Hi Daryl, you echo my sentiments exactly, well said. There are so many different MLT originals and covers from the past that captivate me, lately youtube has been sending me Starman a lot, and love the acoustic guitar work and singing, Mona and Lisa are so awesome. https://youtu.be/KBgirdmSPsM?si=dlVkLFtXdDQe1yEZ

• Johnnypee Parker

09/04/2024 at 02:34

Once Upon A Time has some very kool guitar parts. Have you ever noticed the backward guitar leads in this one? Listen to the whole thing carefully, especially around the age of Aquarius.

https://youtu.be/y7K9AfYCXis?si=nIuk-kZ4aMN3zsFa

Page 2 of 2