MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Support & Suggestions My Fab Four on The Beatles Channel

• My Fab Four on The Beatles Channel

Posted by Greg Dent on 03/02/2024 at 05:13

Hi Mona and Lisa!

Have you ladies thought about doing a My Fab Four segment on The Beatles Channel on SiriusXM? If you don’t know, “My Fab Four is the show where listeners, artists and celebrities share their favorite songs by The Beatles and what makes them special,” according to the channel’s website. The segment runs three times a day most days. You would pick your four favorite Beatles songs and introduce them with little stories about why you picked those songs.

Most of us just do our little intros and move on, but celebrities and artists tend to get a little more leeway to tell more extended stories or, if I remember correctly, play a cut of their own, probably a Beatles cover.

At one time, this segment was managed by program manager Brian DeNicola, who probably still does it. He seems easy to work with.

If you’re interested, you just send your name and email address and your four songs on the form at https://blog.siriusxm.com/tell-us-your-my-fab-four-songs-and-you-might-get-heard-on-the-beatles-channel. You might want to include a brief note reminding him who you are and explore doing a little something extra with your segment. Or, if you want to bypass the peon form, you can just email Brian at brian.denicola@siriusxm.com. His job is to keep things interesting, so he ought to be open to ideas.

If you’re not familiar with My Fab Four, here’s the schedule (in an unspecified time zone, maybe Eastern US?):

Sat “3 am”, “10 am” and “9 pm”

Sun “4 am”, “1 pm” and “8 pm”

Mon “3 am”, “6 am” and “9 pm”

Tue “5 am” and “2 pm”

Wed “4 am” and “1 pm”

Thu “12 am”, “6 am” and “10 pm”

The channel has a huge audience of people who like the same things you like, so it could be great exposure and a lot of fun! Good luck!

Greg

PS

If you do a cover, the first ones that come to mind for me are “I’ll Follow the Sun” (“one of the most underrated and beautiful Beatles songs”) and “When I’m 64” (with the distinctive, slowed-down middle), although you have lots of beautiful covers to choose from.

• This discussion was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Greg Dent.
    Lisa Wagner replied 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Greg Dent

10/02/2024 at 07:49

Maybe making your Fab Four could even do double-duty a What’s on the Table or other club video

• Lisa Wagner

Administrator
    15/04/2024 at 23:58

Hi Greg,

What a great post and idea! Sorry for not replying to this sooner, we somehow missed this thread.

We love the Beatles channel on SiriusXM and they occasionally play our music, which is fab!!

We will look into this and are probably going to submit our favourite Beatles songs as soon as we find the time.

Thanks for thinking about us with this 🙂