MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion One for the Rarities album

• One for the Rarities album

Posted by David on 21/03/2024 at 04:47

Hi all,

I was poking around the iTunes store, curious to see what kind of presence the Twins have there. It was interesting to see which songs were most popular among their digital downloads. But then I saw a couple of titles I’d never seen before. How is such a thing possible??? One has to be a case of mistaken identity (I’ll post something on that separately), but the other one, hmm?

Well, I went over to Youtube and tracked down the song. Remember when Mona and Lisa played at the 2015 Beatles Happening in Finland? While there they apparently sang a little backup on a song. They’re not exactly in the spotlight on this, but there’s a couple of shots of them in the video and, hey, any new Twins spotting is a cause for celebration. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/tPp_tbkFGsA?si=6vNFb3GEoylJSbbM

David replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • David

21/03/2024 at 05:07

Here’s the other find. I hope the photo displays okay. It’s just a screenshot from Apple Music. Unless the Twins have an alter ego as a techno house music band, this isn’t theirs. But here’s the video anyway.

• Mike Dresen

22/03/2024 at 01:05

I might be going out on a limb here, but I don’t think that’s Twins we know!😜

• David

22/03/2024 at 01:59

Hi Mike, I think that’s a pretty safe limb. But it leaves the question, who are these imposter “Monalisa Twins”? Also, if someone buys the song on Apple, do the real Twins get royalties?

• Chris Weber

22/03/2024 at 02:28

Couple taps on my friend Google’s shoulder, produced this. This says Mona and Lisa have a band named after them in Hong Kong. See the note in the red box at the bottom.

• David

23/03/2024 at 03:53

Hi Chris, thanks for that. That’s pretty random and awesome that a Hong Kong trance/house band would be named after the Twins. Maybe I’ll scrape up the $1.29 to buy their song to support their good taste in band name inspirations. It would be wild if they started doing trance interpretations of “In It For Love,” “Any Other Day” or “Dreams.” Actually “Dreams” would work pretty well as Trance. Maybe they could do an album: “MLT In The House.”

Hmm, there’s a thread: What MLT songs would make for good Trance or House music intrepretations? I’d go with Dreams and Nothing Is In Vain.