MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs other guitar players

• other guitar players

Posted by John Leonard on 04/03/2022 at 12:30

lisa mona

both of you are very good musicians and i guess this question could be more for lisa because she plays most of the lead guitar. which guitar player or his or her song have you tried to play but have had difficulty with. so far i am impressed by how many different artists songs you have covered and have been able to replicate their style while making your songs sound original and fresh. i have been listening to time of the season and i am very impressed by i assume lisa’s solo. it is very impressive considering the original was on a organ.

thanks in advance

john l

Christopher replied 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Lisa Wagner

Administrator
    04/03/2022 at 12:31

Thanks John,

You’re making me blush over here.
    I am glad you like my guitar playing, but believe me when I say there is a lot I wouldn’t even attempt, knowing my limits. 😉

I can’t let it rip like Hendrix, play finger-style like Tommy Emmanuel, get a rich tone like SRV, pick as fast as Steve Vai or play the blues like B. B. King. But my guitar journey was never really focussed on “virtuous” playing or mastering one specific style or technique, but rather acquiring the skills to serve whatever songs we were playing and writing. And our favourite songs to cover usually don’t involve any crazy shredding or super virtuous guitar picking, as that isn’t really part of the music we like most.

Saying that, one of my favourite Beatles tunes is “And Your Bird Can Sing” which starts off with a rather crazy guitar line. I’ve never tried playing it but I think that that would give me a bit of a hard time, especially in the beginning. But I want to take on the challenge one day 🙂

Thanks!
    Lisa

• Christopher

04/03/2022 at 16:50

Lisa,

Your guitar playing suits the genres that you play (and it is a wide range of genres). The combination of your technique and form has always resulted in a fantastic result.

I especially liked your Christmas solo when you played your gypsy song. It was evident that you and Mona enjoy playing that piece!

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now