MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Profound and Beautiful masterpieces

• Profound and Beautiful masterpieces

Posted by Jung Roe on 08/04/2024 at 15:35

Close To You is one of those songs I find so beautiful and full of profound truths about life. I don’t know if Mona and Lisa wrote about something real from their experience or it’s just from their imagination and creativity when they wrote this, but they were truly inspired. That’s what great artists do, they inspire us with beauty, insight, and intuition in their art. This is one of those songs, of many from MLT, I will go on listening to forever.

It is so true, nothing lasts forever, sometimes it’s a good thing when bad things are happening and people have to endure hardship and suffering, but it’s so hard when good things don’t last. It seems to be a law of the universe, none of us are around forever by design, things we love pass on, places we belonged to slip through our fingers, people we knew change or leave. I take some comfort in these lyrics whenever I feel like something good ends. The emotions and longing are so powerful and makes you feel them, and afterwards you feel better.

Now you tell me there’s somebody else in your life that is close to you
    And I desperately try to find something that I could reply
    I could cry but there’s one thing I have to keep telling myself to get by
    Nothing ever lasts forever, my oh my.

Wow, who writes moving lyrics like this any more?

https://youtu.be/m1fJszAffQw?si=ng3_6MWRn2drn2Vu

Tom Fones replied 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jung Roe

16/04/2024 at 15:28

One of my favourite Zeppelin songs, I just learned the other day the true inspiration behind it, it was written by Robert Plant in tribute to his 5 years old son he lost to an illness suddenly 40 years ago. Sometimes when you delve into an artists masterpiece, the meaning and expression behind it is quite profound and meaningful. All this time while he performed this song over the decades, he was thinking of his son. There is no justification for this kind of tragedy, but great artists like Beethoven, Van Gogh, Led Zeppelin etc…expressed their grief and pain and transformed something terrible into a masterpiece of beauty and inspiration that can move people for generations. As they use to say in high school, time to get the Led out.

https://youtu.be/jLgeT0C27iE?si=-8ULqdesk3rAT6LD

• Tom Fones

05/05/2024 at 18:55

<div>At times there lyrics are suble and profound.</div>

And English is there 2nd language. Although these days it may be there 1st language

It is hard to maintain a language far from home.