MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion “Second-Hand Songs” Website

• “Second-Hand Songs” Website

Posted by David Herrick on 22/04/2024 at 18:55

I just came across a massive, thoroughly linked music database optimized to show you all the artists that have covered a given song, or conversely all the songs that a given artist has covered.

Here’s the entry for MLT. Just start clicking on links and enjoy a random walk through music history:

https://secondhandsongs.com/artist/92741/all#nav-entity

(You might notice that this entry doesn’t include any of MLT’s original songs. As best I can tell, this site only lists songs that have been covered by other groups.)

Tom Fones replied 2 weeks ago 8 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Daryl Jones

22/04/2024 at 19:08

Wow, long list. Not that I’m surprised.

• Paul

22/04/2024 at 19:47

Yes, that’s a longer list for the girls than I was expecting too. Thanks for providing the link to this site, David. It may come in very handy for the occasional Same Song Different Artists quiz that I do for my family from time to time.

• Roger Penn

22/04/2024 at 19:48

Wow! How does one even begin to go about compiling a database like that?!? Incredible.

• Chris Weber

02/05/2024 at 22:39

I would probably do it as a wiki, so users could do it. But it doesn’t look like that’s what they’ve done. And, predictably, the MLT entry is not up to date.

Yet.

• Dave Johnston

23/04/2024 at 00:33

Thx for the link!

• Chris Weber

02/05/2024 at 22:41

David,

Thanks for the recco, I like finding sites like this. Might be interesting to build a list of all the sites like this that we can find.

I would think that someone with a Marketing bent would have a list like that, and push new releases to it.

• Tim Arnold

03/05/2024 at 03:16

David, that’s a cool site, thanks for posting the link. Quite an impressive list for the Twins.

• Tom Fones

05/05/2024 at 18:59

Great discovery David H.

I ill study this when i can.

Cheers