MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Support & Suggestions WHY? Is anyone else having trouble unzipping the email album file download?

• WHY? Is anyone else having trouble unzipping the email album file download?

Posted by Stephen Krogh on 29/10/2022 at 23:47

It’s probably me, but, I have downloaded the file four times now and tried to open it. My Windows 10 machine keeps saying the compressed folder is “invalid” and won’t extract the files. I have run some diagnostics on my File Explorer and it says everything is OK. I’m wondering if maybe the folder is corrupted? Never had trouble before. Anybody else having problems?

Jung Roe replied 1 year, 6 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Jung Roe

29/10/2022 at 23:52

Hi Stephen, yes I’m having the same problem. I did email MLT about it as well.

Maybe the Zip file got corrupted in the zipping process.

• Stephen Krogh

29/10/2022 at 23:56

Hi Jung! Thanks for the info. You have saved me many wasted hours trying to debug my computer!

• Antonio Lima

30/10/2022 at 16:19

<font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Thanks .. I belive they”ll soon fix it.</font></font>

• Dennis Grover

30/10/2022 at 13:29

The problem is simple: PC’s don’t allow “?” in a file name. I “hacked” the zip file and changed all the “?” to another character and I was able to unzip everything.

Apple devices should be able to access the download with no problems.

I have emailed the Twins at Shop and explained the problem to them.

• Stephen Krogh

30/10/2022 at 16:08

Hey Dennis, thanks so much for figuring this out!!!

• Antonio Lima

30/10/2022 at 16:11

<font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>|Yes me too… I can’t unzip the folder.</font></font>

• Dana Hart

30/10/2022 at 17:12

Same issue here.Thought it was me as my email program crashed….

• Dennis Grover

30/10/2022 at 19:18

There is still a problem with the 3 files in the “extras” directory. I emailed the Twins and I assume it will be fixed soon.

• Jung Roe

30/10/2022 at 19:25

I found the Janitor Joe file index is set to 0, so it does not appear in order.

You can easily go to the file, right click properties > details, and set the index to 3, which will enable it to appear as the 3rd track.

• Dennis Grover

30/10/2022 at 19:52

Got it – thanks Jung! (If you haven’t done it yet, you might email the twins.)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Dennis Grover.
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Dennis Grover.
    • Jung Roe

30/10/2022 at 20:44

Hi Dennis, I already did. And wow, thanks for figuring out the thing about ? in the title that was causing issues with Microsoft. Learn something new all the time.