MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Introduce Yourself Wow MLT Club is incredible!

• Wow MLT Club is incredible!

Posted by Jung Roe on 12/10/2018 at 04:53

Hello everyone from Vancouver Canada!!! The MLT Club is so incredible, I can’t wait to get started exploring. It feels a little overwhelming, but I will get over it. Thank you Mona and Lisa for this, it’s such a great idea. Can’t wait to get to the new music also!

Howard replied 5 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Jung Roe

12/10/2018 at 05:34

I guess I got a little ahead of myself and forgot the introduction part.
    Name is Jung Roe and live in Vancouver BC Canada. Was born in South Korea and came to the USA and Canada when I was 2 years old, around the time the Beatles released the album Rubber Soul and Help, not that I remember that.

Discovered MonaLisa Twins in March of 2017 when I happened upon their San Francisco amazing video on Youtube, and haven’t looked back since. As for my favorite MLT song, how about all of them! OK, OK, here is a concise list of my top 3 faves from the top, but so many faves will go unmentioned.
    1..The Wide, Wide, Land. Because it reminds me of my mom, and it is incredibly beautiful.
    2..Sweet Lorraine. Just captures that 60s musical greatness. Sounds modern and timeless, and just love it.
    3..Still a Friend of Mine. Beautiful and moving. It’s the song on Orange that I remember impacted me the most, among many other awesome songs I would come to love.

I think my taste in music varied quite a bit throughout my life.
    I recall when I was a kid in the 70’s and being forced to listen to my older brother and sisters music. Well not forced, that’s about all I ever heard. All of their music that really stood out and that I liked the most usually happened to be Beatles songs. Later I got into the Beach Boys myself and have been to about 4 of their concerts.

I also enjoy classical music a lot, with Beethoven being my favorite composer, so much so I took some piano lessons at one time for a couple of years and learned to play a very simplified version of the Moon Light Sonata for a group recital I took part in at the piano school. I’m afraid I’ve forgotten everything, but I’m hoping to take up the piano again one day.

• Lisa Wagner

Administrator
    12/10/2018 at 06:58

Holy Moly Jung! First of all, thank you so much for your most recent extremely generous donation but also for all the other moral support over the years. We are blown away, a little speechless and can only say thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you for believing in what we do and for helping us being able to continue this journey ❤
    Now that the MLT Club is set up and running and the 2 new albums are about to see the light of day, we can’t wait to get back on the case of making more videos and filling the internet and MLT Club with new music!
    Loved reading more about your life and thank you for the introduction to everyone here. You should start picking up the piano again 😉

• Jung Roe

12/10/2018 at 18:12

Hey Lisa!
    Thanks for the nice message. I can never thank you, Mona and the rest of the MLT team enough for all the joy you bring through your music, youtube videos, and all the incredibly wonderful things you share. By the way, I do plan on getting back into piano sooner rather than later as life is too short to waste ????

• Jung Roe

13/10/2018 at 04:01

Here is a little insight into my life, I thought I’d share with everyone here.
    My wife MJ and Max 6 years ago.

A recent trip to Seattle in Sept 2018

When we first got Max 9 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgIs2GF4ts4&t=52s

This is Vancouver in the Fall.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m31V372vXJQ
    Video taken with my dog Max a couple of years ago before he died of an illness in May of 2017. Fortunately I have a lot of video footage of him from the relatively short time these wonderful creatures are with us, to remember him by.

• Jung Roe

13/10/2018 at 04:25

• Richard Knights

13/10/2018 at 07:02

Hello, Jung! Welcome to the clubhouse!

• Jung Roe

13/10/2018 at 07:18

Thanks for that warm welcome Richard. 🙂 Really delighted to be here!

• Howard

16/10/2018 at 11:50

Nice to meet you Jung. I’m from Brisbane and of all the overseas cities I’d like to live in, Vancouver is one of my favourites. Never visited but have read a lot about Vancouver a while ago when I was researching all the overseas cities I’d like to live in. Seemed to tick all the right boxes for me.

Are you happy there?