• your songs

Posted by John Leonard on 26/10/2021 at 23:25

i don’t know if you guys listen to sirius radio but the billy joel channel just came back . besides listening to his music he also talks about his inspiration for his songs . what artist he was thinking of when he wrote it. what the songs mean to him and what style he was trying to copy. i would love to hear your stories on why you wrote a certain song. what inspired you and such. it could be a monthly addition to the club.

if this has been asked before sorry.

James Ackerman replied 2 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Lisa Wagner

Administrator
    26/10/2021 at 23:26

Hi John,

That’s an interesting topic, we’re glad to hear that you’d like to hear more background info to our original songs and the inspiration behind them.

We’ve never really done a song-by-song breakdown for our albums but we did a little Q&A video about the “When We’re Together” video just a few weeks ago, which you can check out here.

We’d love to do the same for ORANGE and of course our upcoming 3rd original album.

We’ll see what we can put together about it in terms of Club content and will keep your suggestion in mind. ✌️

• James Ackerman

20/11/2021 at 16:29

Some background on the ORANGE songs would be great. I am a music teacher, and one of my 8th grade students is doing a great job singing your “Still a Friend of Mine” at some lunch time jam sessions. So many opportunities for great music-making in that song.

• Stephen Krogh

29/10/2021 at 22:33

Great suggestion John. Sounds like a fantastic feature for an occasional Tuesday post.

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now