• Michael Rife

21/01/2023 at 13:11

Yes, he passed away on 1/19/23. He was 81 years old.

• Tom Fones

23/01/2023 at 16:52
  • Len Upton

24/01/2023 at 05:51

Just a reminder there is a Crosby, Stills and Nash feature in the What’s On the Table category. Clearly Mona and Lisa are familiar, as are we all, with one of the best, when it comes to harmonies.

• Wayne Kohnen

24/01/2023 at 14:34

Thanks I’ll check that out.

• Daryl Jones

24/01/2023 at 15:13

While I wasn’t really a fan, there is little doubt that David’s passing will leave another void in the music world. Given the era that I grew up in, I am very familiar with CSNY and also their individual accomplishments and work, and like it or not, he was a driving force in the world of music.
    As I age, it seems more and more of my idols and familiars “climb that stairway”, that is the way of things.
    The “day the music died” is an ongoing process, and more will inevitably follow. But thankfully there are Mona and Lisa and hopefully many more that will come along as well. I’m seeing some great young guitarists and talented young people making themselves known. And a lot of them are young ladies. Feelin’ Groovy came out of my formative/impressionable years: the 60’s, but it’s still happening today some 6 decades later. It’s good to see.

• Michael Sankovich

24/01/2023 at 20:48

His passing inspired me to give another watch to the Laurel Canyon 2 part series that aired a few years back. It’s a terrific documentary for fans of the bands/musicians of that era (mid late 60s/early 70s)/place. Along with Cass Elliot, he was at the social center of that So Cal artistic community.

A gifted harmony singer, none of the songs that he wrote with the Byrds or CSN (and sometimes Y) were among their signature anthems. His musical stylings leaned more to folk/jazz, not the pop/rock/country that those two bands mostly favored. A rock’n’roller more in lifestyle; he once famously said “I didn’t dig Elvis at all”.