MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Love the Members Map and all the cool new features at the MLT Club

• Love the Members Map and all the cool new features at the MLT Club

Posted by Jung Roe on 11/12/2022 at 05:01

Wow, I love the members map and all the cool new features being added. It feels like MLT Club 3.0

What is going to be super cool is when members dot the entire globe in every corner with great density! The member map will light up like a Christmas tree.

Christopher replied 1 year, 6 months ago 6 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • David Herrick

11/12/2022 at 06:20

I posted an inquiry about the possibility of a members map a couple of years ago in the “support and suggestions” forum. I don’t know if that was the spark, but I’m so happy to see it come to fruition!

• rudolf

Administrator
      11/12/2022 at 23:11

We wanted to implement that feature quite a while ago. Why it took so long was the fact that the software had poor privacy features. Glad it improved over the months and now every member has granular control what part of his profile is visible to what audience.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Rudolf Wagner.
  • Roger Penn

11/12/2022 at 07:04

I do too! Especially the new members list. So much easier to get in touch with people.

• David Herrick

11/12/2022 at 07:55

I’m particularly digging the “site-wide activity” page: one-stop shopping for all the latest additions.

Is it just me, or is it no longer possible to go back and edit posts? I’m able to type in and submit new text, but it doesn’t show up on the post.

• Jürgen

11/12/2022 at 09:54

Thanks for the hint Jung. I haven’t even noticed this feature yet. Funny. What exactly am I seeing there? The current active members? And why are some numbers highlighted in yellow and others in blue?

David, I can edit posts as long as they are „fresh“. Felt up to 12 hours. After that, the editing function disappears and the posts are forever set in stone.

• rudolf

Administrator
    11/12/2022 at 22:54

Hi there,

Glad you like the new features. We will explain them in detail when we have a bit more time. The edit time for forum and activity stream posts is set to 7 days at the moment. I can make it longer but there is this problem that sometimes the replies don’t make sense anymore when the original post has changed too much.

The colored spots on the map are spots with higher density of members. If you click on them it zooms in and then you see the individual members.

• David Herrick

11/12/2022 at 23:10

Thanks for the reply, Rudi! I’m having this problem with editing a post even just a few minutes after originally posting it. I can add new text and submit it, but it doesn’t survive the submission process.

• rudolf

Administrator
      11/12/2022 at 23:16

Are you referring to a post in the forum (here) or in the new activity stream in the clubhouse?

• David Herrick

11/12/2022 at 23:20

It’s in the general discussion forum.

• rudolf

Administrator
      15/12/2022 at 13:55

I had to rollback the software to a previous version where editing was still working. You can edit your posts now and I reported the bug to the developers so hopefully I can update soon again to the latest version.

• David Herrick

15/12/2022 at 14:40

Thank you, Rudi! I just tried to go back and edit one of my recent posts, and the changes still didn’t display. But I’m happy to wait until the bug is fixed.

• rudolf

Administrator
      15/12/2022 at 14:56

Yes, I was celebrating too early because it didn’t work for long. After a while I got a critical error and the whole forum didn’t work. So unfortunately I had to revert back to the latest version that prevents us from editing posts. it looks like we have to wait until they fix that bug.

• rudolf

Administrator
      11/12/2022 at 23:22

Yep, you are right. I just tried to edit my post above but the edit doesn’t show up. I will have look at that.

Edit

• Christopher

17/12/2022 at 05:43

The new features on the MLT site are great. Love the bio section. Enjoyed filling it out. I think a few other did and hopefully more of the members will utilize it. We have a wide range of fans from all over and it is great to read about the unique backgrounds and experiences of the members!

Thank you, Papa Rudi, for integrating the new features and best wishes to Team MLT in all endeavors!